Wednesday, November 30, 2005

of life and death..

I started my new medicine rotation yesterday morning shockingly with 3 new in-patients with acute poisonings. 2 patients had established psychiatric problems, depression in particular and tried to end their lives the previous night by taking drug overdose; Paracetamol and for the other one I wasn't sure. The third patient I saw in the I.C.U was put on the life support ventilation machine and hence unconscious, she was basically found unmoved with a syringe and a bottle of animal poison in her hands.

Then we had an old lady who was a known Myastenia Gravis for years. She came in with profound hypotension and septicaemia, said to be terminal. We ordered a nice room for her final hours. She died at 1pm.

For some life just worth a scandal between partners, for others an extra hour of sipping God's freshen air is gratitude.

Of choosing life and death, how human fails to repent what they do with their single chance of living until it's too late (8:50).

Thanking Allah The Ever-Living for my 22nd years of life~