Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Kids make you do the darndest things (like becoming a Paediatrician..)

J asked me last week, "So 2 months in Paeds, what do you think so far?"

Smiled. Paeds is for me, absolutely. It's a busy job definitely; you have to be extra vigilant, super obsessive and a lot tedious, it is physically and mentally draining. But again, it's Paeds, nothing can top the smiles the little kiddies give you after they're feeling better when not long before that they were in ICU on a ventilator machine. Yes it's the wonderful world of this little humans with their superb healing power and forgiveness. I poked needles for the Nth times on this poor baby for a very difficult IV cannulation but still the next day received the sweetest smile from her. How forgiving!

I met this shy 6 year old boy in A&E with fever and diarrhea. After a while he started asking me, "Why do you wear that on your head?" pointing to my scarf. I said, "Because it's fun!" (which totally doesn't make sense I know). Not satisfied with my answer he asked again. "But why? Why do you have to wear that?" I then said, whispering, "Don't tell anyone, but I actually shaved my head this morning that's why I have to wear this to cover up!!" He started laughing so hard. Hihi.

Now imagine saying that to a 40 year old man with fever and diarrhea. Haha. Ain't paeds a lot more fun to do?

As for now, I've been missing my angels at home especially Yaya. She has transformed into this girly grown up and called herself Iman instead. I'm counting days to meet her, can't wait! (sampai mimpi meracau racau)


Always smiling..at home in Bangi

Cubaan mengacau Atok berkebun

Iman yang beriman (amin)


Sis with Naqib, Iman & Ariff

I almost forgot, welcome to the world Baby Hariz and congratulations to Angah & Kak Rina. I heard Ayep is acting up being this big brother at the same time being jealous of the diversion of attentions. Hehe. Ah can't wait for home..