Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Post-Exam Syndrome

It's good to be back here, although the blog appears to be cacat a bit but who cares, I like it the way it is, at least for now (rationalizing to cover my own laziness). Yes just to let U know that I finished my exam at 20 to 2 this afternoon, and man, never felt so relieved. To think about it, this time the exam format is way much simpler as compared to the Second Professional in coming February, and yet at one point I thought I couldn't go on with it, there's too much to handle. I spent the last few weeks in isolation in my room at the rear of the house, maklum la bilik amah la katakan, went out once or twice to friends' house and one time I went to study beside the canal out in the cold and went back home with a numb face and limbs, a runny nose and the feeling of being threatened by the hungry looking swans who looked at me as if I'm a huge delicious blueberry muffin.

Anyway the papers was not too bad, Microbiology was a little hard for me and Pathology department seemed to be a little tame on the students this time. I don't exactly know how I did it, I just hope I pass, with some credits. My initial greatest concern was on Pathology papers, my heart was beating badly just before the MCQ started I thought I might faint there and then. After few attempts to calm myself with some home remedies mom taught me, I finally got control of myself, reaching my glasses and looking far on the left side of the exam hall. There it was, the botak head I miss in these last few weeks. Haha, just for the record I was fully calmed by that look. OK I know I should stop there.

In my incubation period for the exam, my head keep spinning and spinning thinking about the great list of things that I want to do after the exam ends, and yet now that it has ended I'm not sure what are the things I've been putting in that list. This happens to me a lot, I guess it might happen to others as well, or at least other inorganized people like me. Let me see, window shopping; done, makan kebab; done, eating ice cream; it will be Eli's treat so I have to wait for that, makan M&S Choc Cookies; done, seriously, what a treat, and yes I went to HMV and there it was, the special extended version of LOTR The Return of The King, if I had no control of my own purse I would have buy it for myself, instead of for my housemate Arnee who has the same collections as mine. Anyway, it's a win-win situation, I'll get to watch it TONIGHT without having to pay for it, and Arnee gets to keep the DVD. Wait till the Christmas sale, and hope the price would go further down, I'm going to hunt it till the last copper penny in my purse. Hehe (and U wonder why I keep running out of money even before the second half of the month).

So what's next. I have few unsettled jobs for the coming winter gatherings, going to attend some usrah, going to have my sleep sleep sleep and sleep, cut on food; I think for the exam I have nearly one bottle-full of coffee granules in my stomach and few full packets of biscuits for cicah with the kopi panas I made for more than 5 times a day just to keep my eyes open and my brain alerts, going to play bball; even the rest of the playmates don't want to play, try to go to the gym; I don't know but the dancerobic workouts seem to be more tempting than the good-old conventional gym, window-shoppings some more, real shopping on Boxing Day (I know I know, control yourself Shu), study Micro and Patho till I get sick of them, practise Clinical Skills for Medicine and Surgery exam, kemas rumah, watch good series on TV; for the Christmas they're putting the whole series in the final season of the O.C, FRIENDS, and few other more for few consecutive days back to back, and yes finally, I'm going to Conventry, UK for a gathering for few days before the holidays end. It'll be my first time attending gatherings made outside the country and glad for that fact. Sometimes a change is good, get to meet new people see new faces.

I guess those are all, I must've left some but I guess what's up there are more than enough already, I'm being pretty ambitious to add up some more.

I'll write again, U'll be sick of reading my writings in this duration of holidays. Anyway, to Nisa and Ili, enjoy M'sia for the length of your holidays!