Thursday, August 17, 2006

vivre et laisser vivre

I can't begin to explain how I desperately want this holidays to never come to an end. I love being at home. I love it when mum wakes me up for fajr, I love the sweet smell of coffee early in the morning, I love to go back to bed to hear mum's nagging over and over again till it's midday, I love it when abah asks me for any laundry to be done, I love it when I argue with mum over channels on telly, I love it when I win, I love it when we call for peace on one Malay drama, I love it when the 2 little nephews and niece came, I love it when I can be the auntie they'll always have, I love being the little sister that heeds the rules of the needy one. I guess I just love being loved.

I know I'm spoiling myself for what I won't have for another term. And I don't mind that. Guess I'm an opportunist, big time.

I can't deny the fact that the holidays've been, by far, the craziest amongst the previous three. Something is in the water I must say. Other than the Israeli-Palestine-Lebanon crisis, Pak Lah vs Tun M, Dato' K & Siti Nur, the hazy KL, the legendary KJ; all of which my grandchildren or great grandchildren will ask for details come one day. My life is a bit like a song now. Or at least I wish it is. It makes me go la~la all day long. I guess I've entered the phase in life where I put hopes in the future. And it is best described in songs. Am not that old though, or I maybe am. Mentally. I need to get a grip, damnit!

Let me live my moments for just couple of weeks more. I won't ask for anything better than this once I'm back on solitude.