Friday, May 18, 2007

of gaining the title (Part 1)

Yep.

All praises to dear Lord, Allah SWT, I've passed my final exams. When the results were announced last Friday (May 11th) , it really felt like a heavy stone (maybe few) being lifted from my shoulders. The feelings were overwhelming, I was left with free flowing tears and huge sobs. Part of me was so full of gratitudes and the other part was just happy that this battle, for once and for all, has finally come to an end.

I had been receiving advises (and pre-warnings) on the finals for many times since entering the year. If I have to pick which advice that moved me the most, it has to be the one given from one of the senior consultants. He said,

"You have been studying for almost 6 years and when the time comes, just make sure you DO JUSTICE TO YOURSELF."

So I kept repeating that in my head during the sleepless nights and at times when I was about to lose hope on myself - that I shall not stop till I really have done justice to myself. It was hard to justify how much should one do in order to achieve justice, especially when one is at his/her most fragile state and endurance seems so impossible. So my interpretation of justice was to do everything I might for the final push, and yeah that includes putting studies first before meal and the last thing before I close my eyes to sleep, and pray hard for God's mercy for the rest of it.

One of my friends mentioned a quote which I thought of helped, it says "luck is when preparation meets opportunity" - thus in order to gain luck one must be prepared and pray for the best opportunity (in my case I call this rezki) to come from God. In truth it wasn't as easy as it sounds (if one thing you shall learn from reading this entry is nothing good in this world is easy), you can never be prepared enough as there are numerous things to cover and you are afraid that opportunity might not come when you need it. But you have no other choices, keep pressing the pedal on a gear 4 and pray hard that you arrive safely..