Wednesday, February 13, 2008

don't cry over a drowned mobile phone..

As I watched my approaching 2 weeks old spanking new mobile phone, helplessly, drowning in the clear toilet bowl water while he struggled to vibrate when there was an incoming call at the same time... Poor baby. And the condolences started pouring in. Miss you, I will.

Women are funny creatures. We have impulses. Ever seen a depressed woman go shopping? Is it the hormonal drives or the extra X gene, God knows. It tends to get worse at one specific period of the month; when we have a plateau pattern of the surge; we have the ability to spot a single strand of hair dropped onto the floor and clear 'em immediately, we clean like mad, we binge on simple carbohydrates, we shop, yes we do, and we have ridiculous impulses that put a threat onto the wallet! Isn't the world a more interesting place with us in it?

I am evolving if not growing. The process is slow winding but surely ongoing. I am now doing things I don't think I'd be able to do before. Like climbing up to the 5th floor wards on a 2 inches heels. (And die right after). And listening to dance music. (What?). And have crazy impulses. And having the ability to swallow the bitter truth of making decision and its future consequences. I took antacids to suppress the acids don't worry.

My old boss the respiratory physician taught me that what's limiting a person with diseased lungs during exercise is the shortness of breaths, and what's stopping you and me with healthy pair of lungs is muscle fatigues. If that's true, am sure it is, I think I need to develop some other ways of muscle ventilations coz apparently my x kg bulk of muscles tend to go lactic and fatigue very rapidly on exercising, on my healthy pair of lungs! Maybe reconstruction surgery for a pair of gills on the sides just below the armpits will do. (And later a big fin on the back). Please watch South Park for this episode if you haven't. Freaking funny.

I see an island. And warm breeze. And familiar voices..




Kelly Clarkson rock ass..