Tuesday, April 28, 2009

achievements and fulfillments

I realized I haven't had a good laugh in a while now. I mean, the really really hard laughs till you cry type. I thought I used to be this cool type of person who easily cracks jokes with friends and had same things in return. I guess not anymore.

They say life at this stage is about achieving short and long term goals. I don't know about that. Maybe my life is more about fulfillment rather that achievement. They might be the same when looking at one angle but not at a different angle.

Tomorrow Mak and Abah will get their new car. Alhamdulillah at this rate this would be my best (and Ola's) contribution to them after my medical degree I think. This is nothing when compared to what they have sacrificed for us. I used to think my old men as superhuman, the ones who put themselves second after their loved ones. I think most of us would think the same of their parents as well.

So at my rate, a 25ish years old girl; with few pennies saved in the account, a second hand super-charged Mini, parents new Toyota, a cat and lots of shoes, my life is probably quarterly-fulfilled now. New achievements? Praying hard for few coming ones. Life is monotonous during the weekdays, a bit colorful on the weekends, but hey welcome to adulthood.

I've been thinking about this and I think I'm at the verge of hanging the keyboard and closing the place. I need some good reasons to keep writing here.

I still yearn for a good laugh though.