Wednesday, July 06, 2005

holidays, so far

So far, well I could say nothing much had happened. My surge of passion for food has calmed down after few concerns on gaining weights during this holidays, my only weapon to counter that would be, if it's not now, then it's only going to be next summer, well that's IF I go back home next summer. U know with the Germany 2006 coming and my concerns on doing something serious like a research or so, somehow summer in the Europes seems a little fine for me. But don't count on my words people, you know me.

After the trip to the school, I've been going in and out with my 2 sisters and family, sometimes friends. Other than that, most free times were spent at home with nephews, mum and dad, and my giant-little brother who's currently on holidays. Only last weekend I attended the 2-days *PPIM's Scientific Conference at the Grand Seasons Hotel in the midst of hectic Chow Kit Road. I was one of the medical students who couldn't afford the fees so ended up as volunteers in the run of the programme. Not quite like another medical conference, this one gave me the window to look medicine not just being physical, but more spiritual as it should be. Like one of the doctors said in her talk, 'This what differs PPIM from the **MMA, we have the ruh that they lack with'. I couldn't agree more.

Anyway, on the second day of the conference I spent most times at the stalls; PPIM's and MERCY's. Well the former was totally understood, as for the latter, it was actually my first task as a MERCY volunteer assigned by the volunteer manager I met on that day. I coudn't say more, this is what I've been searching for, now Allah has opened me the way. All Praises only for One Lord! Many more tasks are coming, inshaAllah with all my mights I'll try to do this. Afterall, we are the best of nation ever to be brought forth for people, what else shall we do if not to benefit the ummahs, ordering honor and forbidding dishonor. (3:110)

So far, not so busy, but had these words coming from mum already;

'Asyik nak keluar tolong orang je, ni tolong Mak kat rumah dulu.'

Been a bit lazy lately I admit, have to improve on that I will. Eh macam Master Yoda pula cakap terbalik.

Roger and out.

*PPIM: Persatuan Perubatan Islam Malaysia
**MMA: Malaysian Medical Association