Wednesday, January 07, 2009

writer's block

Not a good start for the year 2009 eh?


Tagged by DizzyDalie - soon Puan to-be (congrats mate!)

Tag ini bertajuk 16 Perkara Rawak:

Syarat dan peraturan:
  1. Apabila telah terpilih dengan malangnya, silalah menulis 16 perkara paling rawak sama ada tentang fakta, perangai tak senonoh ataupun hala tuju hidup anda.
  2. Silalah hasut 16 orang lain untuk melakukan perkara ini.
  3. Sila tanda manusia yang telah menanda anda di peringkat awal.
  4. Ketahuilah, jika anda terpilih ia adalah kerana anda juga manusia biasa yang perlukan perhatian dan kasih sayang yang secukupnya ketika bayi.

1. Oh yes. Presenting Budiman. My companion on the roads these days. Got him for Eur1000 stat. Namun harga insurance dan road tax lagi mahal dari harga kereta.



2. A real gentleman, '98 Proton Persona (Wira equivalent to M'sia). Who said I always go for the tall, white and blue-eyed lads only? Asia rulez!

(I'm still longing for my Mini adventure though. Probably mission truncated for the moment. Shh orang kata tak baik cakap depan2. Nanti dia merajuk..)

3. Budi's mates have been sick or away these days. Orla is in Kilkenny, Nora/Kamal (ambiguous gender-ed car) needed change of battery. Yesterday Liyana's Yaris started making funny noise. She rang me and said - dia keluar lampu aladdin dekat meter ni. Lampu aladdin? I diagnosed minyak hitam problem. This morning Budi has, being a gentleman as he is, saved the day again by bringing Liyana to work.

4. I am on my study leave. Hence bermurah hati kasi pinjam Budiman to others. Kesian keretaku dipass pass seperti bola. I love you and always will!

5. My exam is in 6 days time. And here I am considering a career change.

6. 2009 has given me a new shift. A paradigm shift perhaps. I don't see things in black and white anymore, rather in perspective now. I am less tight and more nonchalant, or at least I thought I am.

7. The best thing a female surgeon has said to me coming to the end of 2008 was,

"You don't want a doctor, you want a MAN."


*One of those mother-daughter conversations you had being on-call with some inspirational people.

8. I then realized, yes she's probably right. (Hence the paradigm shift). So I signed up for few online dating websites to start searching for the real man.

Acah je...

9. The next job in my career line is photo-journalism. I can write and I can take good pictures. Next is finding loan sharks to feed my unemployment period till my book is published. Ada sapa2 sedara dia Along ke..?

10. I love coffee so much. I have failed numerous trials of detoxification. I am officially undetoxicable. If there's such word..

11. I am making a history of my own. That is not to go home this year until raya aidilfitri. There, my online statement. (Lari masuk bilik pastu keluar mata merah bengkak).

12. After so long living in a single room, I now have a roommate! Like I said, 2009 will be different. Mak aku tanya, OK ke tido berdua atas katil tu? Jangan apa-apa sudahla.. Hehe my mom worries about everything. I mean EVERYTHING..

13. I have my 2 years time planned ahead of me. After 2 years? *Blank*. Searching for words..*Blank again*

14. My shuffles are superb, or my iTunes collections are simply awesome. Either way.

15. Live band tracks tuned in my vibes perfectly post-call. It's haunting.

16. Finally, to open this year, something to remember from the dearly boss of 2008 and something for the future record. In her Christmas card she wrote to me;

Dear Shoo, (this is even worst than my friends)

It was wonderful working with you and lovely to get to know you (though I never got to meet your great Mum!(1)). You are an excellent Paediatrician and will go to the top wherever you decide that will be. It is a lovely attribute of yours to "remain calm at all times"(2). Wishing you continued success and happiness in 2009. Let me know if I can ever be of any help to you in your career and keep in touch.

Best wishes,

DF


post-scriptum;

(1) I brought my mum to the conference when I presented a research audit. The boss waited at the hotel lobby for ages to see my mum. Dia selamba tido dalam bilik. Jet-legged la konon..

(2) I was shocked and amused at the same time reading this. Calm? Who? Me?! Dalam hati dia tak tau hari2 aku pegi keje camne..

16 orang yang dihasut

1. Aliza
2. Aneesa
3. Anem
4. CTRahmah
5. Farah Dina
6. Anep
7. Hana Nana
8. K.AisyahMak
9. K.Syu
10. K.Anis
11. (K)AishahHafiz
12. Miezah
13. Thirah
14. MamaTisyia
15. Bruneian Blogger (I yet to know your name)
16. AizadAzahar

Dalam suka2 ni, sila derma (atau buat sesuatu) untuk saudara kita di Gaza ye. Contoh derma/buat sesuatu

1. Derma
2. Doa (qunut nazilah)
3. Join protes
4. Hantar surat bantahan
5. Sebarkan maklumat
6. Buat sesuatu, apa2 aja lah.

Thanks and good day.