Wednesday, October 13, 2004

last weekend

I decided to potray my last interesting weekend in a sequential order. Why? Coz I want to! (My mood is very good today despite the terrible autumn weather :-)

Started by Diamond Ball 2004 on Saturday Night, which was strictly for girls only. A good effort done by the college which clearly respects the culture and religion aspects of people like us who don't go to Freshers Ball or Annual Ball. So it was purely girls, no alcohol and halal food. Damn great, especially the vegetarian pasta, I still have the cheesy white cream saucey taste in my mouth. I can eat those for months without eating anything else I tell U. OK I'm exaggerating. But yeah it was a great night, though they were playing loads of Arabian-Indian remix kind of music, which at one point got us tired by just listening to them (what to do, their people dominated the party). At the end of the night, the majority of us (excluding me) were pretty sured to attend the belly-dancing class every Thursday evening in the college. That shows how we suck in belly-dancing.

PICT0948.JPG
Something from the party. That's Ailani on the left preparing to go home and me just getting the 'heat' of the night.

Sunday was the Sports Day for PMC (Penang Medical College) students, of the two traditional rivals RCSI vs. UCD. It's my annual event that I attend though I'm not a PMC student (who cares). So I was meant to play netball which was the first opening game in the morning but I woke up really late on that day of the tiredness from the ball, so by the time I reached the UCD sports center the Men's Basketball match has already begun. It's the favourite team so guess who won, OURS of course.


Defense mode. Look at the center, Mo who's a Kuwaiti. See? It's not only me who's a non-PMC. He's not even close, not even a Msian. Whatever, good job guys!


3 shot, or was it a 2.

Then it was the time for Women's Basketball. It's been a long time since I played a 'proper' game so I knew I might end up flat in the court. And the truth was I did (sigh). It was not so organised how we played the game as most of us just came and played, there were no proper practice or even proper positions, it was so like netball. The UCD team has only one anchor player whose others just passed the ball to her and she did all the shootings. Clearly she was the only one with the bball skills but even then we couldn't nail the team. That showed how inorganised our team was. I just played for two quarter-half, everyone seemed wanted to play but didn't contribute much going in the court (that includes me I guess). But that doesn't matter much, what's more important was the burning team spirit and the supportive fellow friends who were endlessly cheering for the team. And what matters most was we had a lot of fun, though I was a bit disappointed for the lost. Nevermind, there's always next year.


Some of the players. My disappointment showed on the face. It was a good game anyway.

I went back not long after that leaving the rest of the other games for the day, which I've been informed later that we lost the 2nd Men's Bball match and also for the soccer match. Guess we have a lot to do before next year to gain the title back. On my way walking back home, I stopped by at the Grafton St when I saw people gathering around one corner. There were people performing Ginga, a type of martial art I guess, which reminded me of the ol' Mark Dacascos movie I saw when I was a kid. So cool and groovy.




And I continued my journey back home until I reached my favourite place.


Perfect.

And I spent the rest of the day doing some works on the breakfast table while watching the repeated O.C and One Tree Hill on telly.


Having the guilt after eating a bar of almond praline chocolate from Butler's Chocolatey, I decided to eat my healthy breakfast cereal pack for munchies while doing my works. Err actually I've already eaten a pack of Ripples crisps before that. My my..

That summarises the great weekend I had. Thank You Lord!