Saturday, October 09, 2004

That Evening

For the past few days I had few chances of walking back home passing by the canal near my neighbourhood before dusk, and man my heart was as calm as the water in the man-made canal (I usually reached home when it was already dark). The evening was serene beautiful, with people in their own mode of transportations heading back to their crib, leaving me clinging to the brigde rail sipping the cold autumn breeze. Water calms me down, I think I've mentioned that before. I was born and brought up near the beaches in Terengganu and I'm proud of that, being part of the people of coastal areas. In the evening the whole family would go to the nearby beach in a car, sometimes I cycled there with my sister, and we would wait for the fisherman's boat to return from the sea to buy some fresh new fishes and other seashells for dinner. It was much cheaper and fresher than the ones in the market. And now U wonder how sub-urbs people live much longer than the town acers. Fresh fishes and poultry products, there was no fast food restaurant in the cowboy town I used to live until recently I heard a KFC being opened there.


The white swans approached me when I was getting nearer to the water, thinking I had some bread to be given. Sorry pals, next time I'll ask Yani not to make bread pudding out of those expired bread OK.


Not long after that a guy came and gave some huge breadcrumbs to the swans. It was simply the gift from above.


Sorry that was it. As if they knew, they were all roaming away after the guy left.


The signal to go home. Goodbye canal, I'll see U again tomorrow morning.