Saturday, March 24, 2007

my random Izzy moments

OK it's not Izzy Stevens, it's my friend Izura from high school. This girl never failed to amuse me with her coolness and sempoi-ness back in school. If you're the otai type and you were asked by the head warden amongst all the prefects who do you wanna vote for the next Ketua Pengawas, Iyzee would be the one for sure. She has the charms for both the badass and the goodies believe me. But of course the badass voices weren't loud enough and Iyzee kept her coolness by being the next best thing - pengawas disiplin.

I wasn't really closed to her initially, up till the great era of prefects dorm - Garuda. She's a great friend and we did share quite few memorable moments that got me smiling broadly sometimes when thinking about. I remember in Garuda we were the orang belakang - the ones with the lockers at the back of the long dorm, included in the group were Asmalita, Nadia Ain, Wawee, Iza, Anem and few more. Sometimes in the morning when all of us populated in front of the big mirror at the back doing our tudung, vests and ties, Iyzee would start suggesting we do some light warm up exercise just to stretch the lazy muscles. So we did in our complete penyu head-tie-vest-long skirt prefect uniforms, stretching from head to toes, then finished up our 'exercise' by having nasik lemak in the dining hall. He he. On Friday evenings when my brother picked up my dirty laundry (I know I was really spoilt back then, I didn't do my laundry for some reasons), he never failed to leave some food at the guard house for me, the favourite one being ayam golek. So usually on Friday nights the lot of us would sit down together at the back and enjoy the whole ayam with great laughs and a backgroud music from HitzFM. Oh those were the days..

In form 2 (or form 3) when the school decided to be more academic and announced the new benchmarking of the school would be chess and debate; after years and years of basketball and school band; each batch had to send few representatives for a 5 minutes spontaneous speech. Iyzee and few other girls took the challenge for our batch. I vaguely could remember what was the topic she drew out of the box, it was something like "Wawasan 2020" or "Rukun Negara". But the funny thing was, just across the stage at the end of the hall there was a big wooden board on the wall with everything she needed to talk on painted on it. We were laughing all along, and being Iyzee, she nailed every single words on the wall confidently, as if those words came straight from her head.

So yesterday after the paeds exam finished, I opened the mails and quickly updated myself on the news and on friendster. I read Iyzee's blog and stumbled upon this entry. Once again she got me laughing so hard, with my bad headaches I suffered at that time from the long hours of studying and exam. I can't remember when was the last time I laughed on my own like that, thanks to Iyzee I now have a new record. I think I miss my school days, though in overall the rules suck big time but friendship was the best thing. So I dedicate this entry to Iyzee, my cool friend who's flying high in Sabah. If you're reading this, wait for me in a year or two, I'll go there for the fun of water rafting with you!

Seri Puteri, KL


p/s: oh headaches please go away, oh photophobia you're really turning me into a batman..