Sunday, March 25, 2007

some gallows humour

I always love British comedies, very entertaining and intelligent sometimes, though most of the times cursing seems mandatory in every line spoken, and you have to have a high level of sarcasm to blend in with the jokes. Very amusing and satisfying for me nevertheless, especially when I just feel like escaping from the norms.

Two of the most notorious Brit comedies for me would be the Catherine Tate Show and Little Britain. In these two they basically do a lot of sketches by only one multitalented comedian. So in one sketch Catherine Tate is Lauren Cooper, an ill-mannered high-school girl with her famous "am i bovverred?" remark and in the other she's Nan, a very typical grumpy old British grandma. I admit most of the sketches are satirical and intended to scorn individuals or companies, but hey you're talking about the West where liberty of speech always rules. If I have to warn you it would be don't watch it if you can't tolerate South Park-like crude jokes. OK they might be a little more intelligent than South Park sometimes. Don't bother watching it at all if you have stuff to do coz it'll get into your nerves believe me, but if you still have a lot of stuff to do but at the same time don't mind something light for your clouded minds (like yours truely), this one's for you.

I put here one of my favourite sketches. This one is specially shot for the Comic Relief- the Red Nose Day where basically a lot of Brit's top comedians act with famous celebs to raise money that will go to Ethiopian's famine crisis. Oh cut the story and enjoy Mr Blond Bond~



My chosen best part (other than when Daniel Craig said "I love you Elaine" and looked like someone really stupidly in love) is

"...the rest, as they say..is biology..or history."

He he. Simply brillianntt! ! (thick Brit accent)