Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Spoonful of Irish

"An rud is annamh is iontach.."

translated: What is strange is wonderful

I got this from the backpacket of the white sugar for my coffe. Oh that's the Irish language if you don't know. It is the native language that's extincting in Ireland, but fortunately some great initiatives have been taken to prevent that to happen, like the all-Irish channel on the national TV - TG4, where you can watch Spongebob Squarepants in Irish language and go mental laughing about the things you can't understand. I was on my way back from Kilkenny when I overheard these 2 young ladies behind me were speaking in pure Irish. Part of me felt a bit proud knowing that somewhere (far far away) in this very cold country there's people still using the language in their daily lives and the other part was just happily saying- "wow, it's like watching TG4!!"

Back to the topic, I totally agree with the quotation. For me normality is wearisome. And peculiarity is astonishing. But not purely on either way though. Have a bit of both in the correct way, that'll do. And polish to glow your peculiarity, then you won't be just another plain jane (or jack).

Today is my last day of the formal education I received as a medical student for the past 5 years. Future intensive classes will only be for the revision purposes for the final exam. 5 years really fly, now it's nearly finished. It is true that nothing is everlasting, other than the only God above. It surely goes with the saying - Live life like you're gonna die, coz you're gonna..

I'll leave you guys with this song to blend in with the mood.



or here

All that money that you got gonna be gone
That gear that you rock gonna be gone
The house up on the hill gonna be gone
The gold purse on your grill gonna be gone
The ice on your wrist gonna be gone
That nice little Miss gonna be gone
That whip that you roll gonna be gone
And what's worst is your soul's already gone


Exam's on Friday, send me some prayers will ya?