Friday, December 21, 2007

celebrations & holidays

First of all, Selamat Hari Raya AidilAdha dear readers.

My raya was fine, on the night of raya eve I was browsing through some old raya pictures when suddenly the urge to cook some traditional dishes came. Mind you, after like months of hiatus from the kitchen that is. I'm amazed at myself how did I survive on tuna, serunding, maggi goreng Mawi (haha), cereals and junks all these while. So raya was spent with an early leave from the hospital, eating my own nasi minyak and rendang, and a visit to friends' place.

Maaf Zahir & Batin all.

Merry X'mas and Happy Holidays too.

You could almost smell the strong holidays atmosphere lingering around the hospital. Everyone's in a cheery mood, some felt pressurized by the system pushed on the holidays mode (including yours truly) but everything seems to ease off today. Technically it's the last day for most people coz x'mas falls on the Tuesday and a lot of of people would be off on Monday. I got a x'mas present from Prof H and my old Big Boss in a form of $$$ (voucher). Ka-ching! (bunyi duit bertaburan di gedung membeli belah). I love them unconditionally.

I'm starting to feel the drift of going to the new hospital in January. I must say that I'm very much comfortable with respiratory medicine already that I hate the idea of changing. I love the team (I love being the baby of the team that they protect and teach me so much), I love the boss, I love the usual conversations and bitching about the nurses and staffs. But as much as I do, I know I needed the change for good reasons. Primarily being the requirement for the medical council is doing the surgical rotations. Secondly I think I'm getting enough of this hospital already, yep, though as much as I love my team..

Prof H said to me in his last ward round today (writing this here so I can go back one day and read them),

"Thank you very much Wan, I really appreciate all of your helps. I think you did very well and you're very committed to your jobs. Thank you again.."

I answered with some brief sentence of "Not at all Prof. I learnt a lot being in this team". Mainly because words just stuck deep in my throat from sadness of leaving, and secondly I'm afraid if I said more I'd cry, that's in front of my boss, my registrar, my SHO and the 2 medical students..malu siut..

But now I really feel like crying. That's because everyone's gone home and I'm stuck working tonight. Crap.