Tuesday, December 04, 2007

of work (again)

I've just started my job with Prof Horatio's team again. Upon seeing me today he said, "Welcome back, Wan. Glad to have you back with us." OK I think I blushed a bit. Heee~ (terbang ke angkasa lepas).

To be honest, guys don't need to be essentially good looking to be attractive. Like Prof H. (OK he's my boss and I know my limit). But the vast knowledge and the brilliant sarcasm he contained in him, gawd. Plus he has the greatest charm when connecting with people.

Last week he gave a presentation in the medical grand round about NIPPV. (He's the NIPPV guy in the hospital, big time). After 30 minutes of a very comprehensive presentation, the floor was opened for questions. One of the gastro-enterology consultants (an author of a famous concise textbook we use as a medical student too) raised his hand and asked.

"I know how unpleasant the NIPPV mask can be on the patients. Have you tried using the mask with the machine on yourself Prof H?"

He answered.

"Have you tried the colonoscopy yourself Dr P?"

OK the floor was burst with laughters. I know I know he's brilliant.

a guy on NIPPV


Colonoscopy


I have been in a very dry state lately. Dehydrated from not having the time to drink water. How ridiculous was that, everyone thought. It's true though, my upper lip is badly cracked from dehydration and now very red and sore. Sometimes I think I look like someone who has herpes.

There's a (very hot) psychiatric registrar in the hospital. Yep the tall and scruffy curly hair German guy. Today we sent a consult to his team when one of our patients with newly diagnosed lung cancer was expressing a very strong suicidal ideation in her conversations. I saw him in the ward at noon just after he finished reviewing the patient. He called me for a discussion, and me, with my herpes lips went to him and had a one-on-one lengthy talk about the patient. Yep with my red cracked half blown upper lip. Hideous. There goes my chance. Not that I have any...

OK later I found out that he's already married to an Aussie chick. (Harapan pecah berderai).