Sunday, January 23, 2005

Signalling from my new haven

I've became my last library person again, back like what I used to be. It felt odd in the beginning, the crowd is not the same a year/two years before, and I've changed my location from being the level one people to the ground level people. The same question I have in mind as with people who knows my current status, why library when I have the tranquility of a single room? Well, as a start I'd like to make it clear that my tranquille single room has turned to be a freezer room u find in a halal meat shop, only mine has bed and cupboard in it instead of meat and ribs. Being me, who's really sensitive to cold, I could only sit in the room on my chair holding a book not more than 10 minutes before the cold travels from my peripheries to my trunk and finally to my partially working brain. Secondly, I guess the time has come when I need the pressure of seeing people working, the nervewrecking adrenaline pumping feelings of ' oh-me-I-am-far-behind-than-everyone' that would (hopefully) motivate me to work on my studies. And believe me the latter does work! I was halfway to collapse when my heart couldn't stop pumping hard when I first settle down in the library seeing people around me working hard while lazy me goofing around everyday. OK the collapse part is a bit exaggerating I know. But yeah, I do hope with God's grace I could proceed on real well with my revisions.

Anyway I guess it's not too bad for a start, after few days the unfamiliar faces became familiar to me, good thing about staying in the library is u really connect with people u know here, and it's amazing how much they would tell u about their lives. All the unfavourable internal gossips, the holding grudge against God-knows whom, oh me. No worries, I'm good in keeping secrets. I think I could contain myself from getting too much connected with people, how about just sit down and ignore others? Rude? Oh well it's not gonna be for long. After the exam finishes and when it's sunny again I can kiss library goodbye for a while, welcome back room!

Jumping from the library issue, yesterday I was sitting quietly in my place when my mobile vibrated with an 'Id Withheld' on the screen. I quietly aswered the call and guess what it was mum on the phone. I was shocked to hear her and even more shocked when she started the conversation with "Assalamualaikum Adik,". Ek eleh salah dial rupanya, buat suspen je. "Acu rupanya, Mak ingat Adik," . Haha, Mak..Mak. She just swamped in these whole new technologies, it's just so funny and cute how she knows to use her mobile only for receiving calls and dialling numbers that are scribbled at a piece of paper she keeps in her purse, and how she freezes when there's a '1 message received' appeared on the screen of not knowing what to do next, and how she could stand the hassle of calling Ola in Johor to send me a text asking me whether I've received the parcel she sent me, and Ola would miss-called her back to make her call Ola back after I've texted Ola the answer she's looking for. And even cuter when she goes into this denial phrase of "Alaa Mak tau, Mak saja je tak nak belajar,". Haha. I remember one time when Naqib, my nephew cried after my mom couldn't played the 'Spiderman' vcd coz she didn't know where the 'open' button is on the vcd player remote control. And that was a few weeks before Naqib learns how to play the vcd himself without anyone teaching him, and that was about a month before the vcd player was broken by him.

There's just no chemistries between her and technologies, any yet she's the only my orthodox mum, the one I'll always love.

Mum n Nq
Mak and Naqib

:-)