Monday, October 16, 2006

I was absent from the hospital today and..

The Story

I was already freshed from the hot bath and was sitting queitly on my sajadah after fajr prayer when I decided to take the day off for a good rest. (It's Monday, and it was cold outside). Well, for some who still don't know, I can be very impulsive at times. U'll be surprised. When the aura for impulsiveness came, even the best/most important thing on earth wouldn't be able to withold me, like today, not even the teaching from my very own consultant. I'll figure out how am I going to take his signature for the end-of-rotation assessment form later, heh~

Ramadhan's leaving me..

We have come the the very last phase of ramadhan, believe it or not. I blame myself for not utilising the 2nd phase very carefully, I admit that I had a lot of times wasted on the unnecessaries. No use of regretting now, me and regrets, hmm. Now I have less than a week to struggle; all the lagged juzuk from the Quran, the abandoned night prayers, the missed zikrs; may Allah SWT forgive me and give me a lot of strengths to perform.

au revoir Connolly Hospital

I am near to finish my posting in Connolly Hospital (sad..), but the thought of having a lot of revisions overdued gave me headaches, why haven't I learn from the previous catastrophies from the bad time managements? Someone told me once when I uttered my worries on being in the final year, all it takes to succeed is to play by the rules. How true that is. Though now I think I've violated rule number one, that is to attend each given classes on any given conditions. I'll make it up for this one I promise..

Eid, what's that?

I have been reminding myself from early that this is not the year for eid. I have no spesific baju raya (after the new tailor had successfully ruined my favourite kain I bought in Cambodia, isk isk), I haven't got any kad raya, neither did I sent away any even to my family, I have no intentions in baking any kuih raya (last year I even made kuih siput from scratch he2), and the fact that I'll be away in a peripheral hospital on the week of raya itself hinders me from feeling the vibes of this year's eid. OK I admit I watched 'Diari Ramadhan Rafique' from youtube to get a little feel, but that was it. Up till today when I opened Mizah's blog and listened to the raya songs played there, all these feelings came rushing and I realized I missed every single excitements for eid being away these 5 years. I think I have come to reach my peaked treshold for this, next year remind me to fight for my rights to be with my family for eid wherever on earth I will be at that time. Enough is enough..

MOTS (that's moral of the story)

So it's true they say that absence makes the heart grows fonder. U realized how much you love and miss your family and friends when they're not around (and paradoxically got into each others necks when being together), and how fond you are on something that's always there the moment they're gone, and put a lot of hopes that you meant a little if not much to other people that your absence is being missed by them.

p/s:

(Though it's also true that my absence today doesn't really make my heart grows fonder to the missed lectures, and hopes that the consultants didn't missed me and I definitely wasn't wishing for any loveletters from the hospital.

Nonetheless, it's a good rest for me today, got my moments for peace and a little love spread by making donuts. My hands still sore from kneading the doughs tho..)

So goes the entry, on the day I was absent from the hospital..