Thursday, October 12, 2006

je suis heureux, c'est fou

Today is my official happy day. I told you not a long time ago that I'll live my everyday moments carefully, I must say that it feels a lot difference doing this.

Mum sent me a very funny sms which I shared with the girls. It's so funny that I'm still smiling from it now. Then later we reached the hospital and started the tutorials. I then realized that I have the best combination of people in the group this time so far since we've been in the clinical years. I don't know whether it's just me or it's the final year syndrome or what, but it's a real nice feeling anyway. One guy has to love me by default coz I took him freebies from the drug company once, and he never stopped asking me to do it again after that (of course I resisted at times, what do you think I am? :p). The girls are so pretty one time one of them was speaking under the ray of lights from the window I thought I saw an angel talking to me. Some are so brilliant that I'm a bit confused when did they have the time to study above all the going to concerts and shows stories. Few are kind enough to share the list of good patients with great clinical signs. And the best for some would be the presence of the region's renowned rugby player in the group whom shed joy by his sleek Argentinian accents and his very humble opinions in everything. OK we know he's taken.

Other than that the atmosphere's been encouraging as well. It's a bit painful to fight over the duvet temptations every morning to go out in the cold for the most boring an hour bus journey. Once passing that, the joy is slow releasing throughout the day I must say. The line of tutors are great, you can ask the crappiest question on earth but still be answered nicely. Some are so funny I got cramps in my tummy for resisting the laughters from bursting out. The team's been good too. I have a very good registrar in the team whom I look up to and wish to become alike one day. And oh, thank you drug companies for making the average life of a medical student like me more meaningful, you equipped me with the essentials I know I need but never can afford to buy all. I have two extra tourniquets and few other stuff to spare, anyone wants 'em gimme a buzz! Sapa cepat dia dapat...

At the end of the day, it's the good circle of friends and people around you that add joy to your life. The housemates that cook good food, the friends that share jokes with you, not too forget the one that gave the kurma from own ladang, ha ha. It's the great timing of the month too, you feel like everything is too good to be wasted away. Makes me wanna smile from ear to ear, all day long. I was wondering can one gets wrinkles from smiling too much, then I realized how stupid the question was and smiled more at my foolishness.

Keep on smiling :)