Sunday, October 01, 2006

optimiste pour l'avenir

One week passes by so slowly. Ramadhan Mubarak peeps! I wasn't fully ready for this fasting month last Sunday, now it's Sunday again. The week wasn't so bad to be honest, it's just that I have issues with my time management.

I've started my medicine rotation in Connolly Hospital on Monday. It's a superb hospital. Well if you're from RCSI, this is the hospital you'd want to put on top of your application list for internships. (Waterford's second). The new wings are opened, there are not so many patients, great learning opportunities, great doctors and renowned consultants, good study environment, great research opportunities, etc. The amount of knowledge gained the first week there is equally the same for 4 weeks in Beaumont Hospital. Let's not talk about Beaumont. It'll kill the good air.

So the days were occupied with tutorials and consultant teachings. We went to see patients in between classes, finished the compulsory OSCE, do OSLER with the tutors, attended ward rounds and clinics; at the end of the day I was wearied and unmoved on the bed once I'm back home. Soreness physically and more mentally. I wish I had more than 24 hours in a day. I know I can't. There's more stuff to do. My life isn't just about medicine. (Though it seems predominantly is at the moment).

I don't know how people do it. I think I'm fit enough to endure the day. And yet I'm left with aches and panda eyes. It's about balancing the surge of enthusiasms in learning and the amount of energy there to serve. Take supplements? Gym? Yoga? Retail therapy? Hehe.. (I missed yesterday's 7a.m NEXT sale, thanks to people who made me think twice before I pour my money out unnecessarily)

Luckily it's Ramadhan, the month of blessings. And I'm an optimist. Heh. So I'm gonna take things as it is. I figure the best way to be happy is to live every moments while I'm at it. While it doesn't stop me from thinking about the future, it surely helps making my life became more meaningful. Du'as, tahajjuds, Quran recitations, family and friends, a good walk, great food, comfy duvet, laptop and S3 IS, tv and Grey's Anatomy..life isn't worth to be gloomed about.

(I didn't mentioned books did I?)