Saturday, January 13, 2007

life should be as soothing as a cuppa hot apple tea




Oh another weekend! I've ended my rotation with the Cardiology team. When the consultant asked me whether I have any comments on the rotation I simply said, "This is by far the best rotation I've ever had," without a single doubt. He answered, "Oh you said that just to make me feel good aren't you." He he. It was in fact the best one, by far! Did I mention I think Cardiology is the most superior speciality in medicine? Of every single management and treatment regime is thoroughly researched, and I remember a Cardiologist in Connoly Hospital was saying, "Not to mention this but you could see that most cardiologists are the ones with the best look and the best personality of all doctors in the hospital," while smoothly sliding his hair up in between his fingers. He he.

I watched The Pursuit of Happyness last night and couldn't helped myself to cry a bucketful of tears. Maybe the movie reminded me of the hardships my parents been through raising me and my siblings up. Which brought me to remember this old patient I saw yesterday who said to me, "My husband died when my youngest child was 7 years old so I avoided myself to becoming ill at any times, I worked hard, I lead a healthy life and I only have God so I prayed and always pray; all just for my children's sake. So I was never been in the hospital till now. And I'm happy that my children are all very successfull now." An echocardiogram showed that she has a tumour in her heart (atrial myxoma; a very rare condition). Hmm touched, so mari kita sama2 mendoakan mak ayah kita mendapat balasan syurga di akhirat atas segala pengorbanan mereka. ( I wanna be a good mum one day..)

I got up with headache and blocked nose today. Luckily it was relieved by a cuppa hot apple tea stirred with a spoonfull of honey. And it's weekend everyone, I can finally have my peaceful breakfast of toasts with cheese and olives..I'm still in my mediterranean mood if you don't know..