Monday, January 22, 2007

[Sûrah Yasîn: 65]



Blue mosque in macro

There's this one very beautiful Indonesian song that was given to me from a friend I barely knew over the internet not a long time ago. Mostly, the song describes about how on the judgement day when our mouths would be sealed and our hands and feet bear witness to our actions we've committed in our previous lives on earth. It's just that the thought of it sent shivers to my spines, seriously.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said in the long hadîth about the Day of Resurrection:
…Then a third one will be brought and Allah will say to him as He said before. And he will reply: “O, my Lord, I affirmed my faith in You and in Your Book and in Your Messenger and I observed prayer and fasted and gave in charity…” and he will speak in good terms like this as far as he will be able to do.

And Allah will say: “Shall We will not bring fourth our witnesses against you?”

The man will think in his mind who is it that would bear witness against him. Then his mouth would have a seal set upon it and his thigh will be commanded to speak. Then his thighs, his flesh, and his bones will bear witness to his deeds.

This is the hypocrite, and this will be done so that he should not be able to make any excuse for himself, and he it is whom Allah’s wrath will be upon.

[Sahîh Muslim: (2968)]
And Allah knows best~