Saturday, January 20, 2007

week 3: survived

Are you guys not sick of reading my weekend rants already? He he.

I would want to give the heartiest welcome to the new year of Hijri calendar, 1 Muharam 1428H, hopefully this year comes out so much better than the previous years.

I survived the 3rd week of medicine, leaving me another one to go before going into Paediatrics. I'm doing nephrology now and I'm missing cardiology badly (the consultant and the team). I think I dig my Cardio rotation so much that got me to consider doing it as an alternative, that's if I don't stick to my plan of doing Paeds. I don't know, I planned and changed my plan and re-plan, in the end it's in Him the destiny lies. I might end up doing one of the dodgy ones that never crossed my mind. Who knows.

The week has getting more intense and my sleep quality is going downhill with that. I was awake for more than 5 times throughout my 5.30 hours sleep in a night. Not to mention the odd dreams I had, some were very weird that affected my mood for the day. I should stop thinking too much on the stuff I read before I sleep, seriously. I should've known it's the glomerulonephritis and Cockroft-Gault equation that's causing the troubles all these while.

To top that one up, the wave of homesick feelings kept coming and hitting me hard on the face this time too. I suddenly realized the moments I've been missing being away from my family from the point of entering boarding school back in donkey years up till now. They say life is all about sacrifice. I wish they were wrong.

Anyway, mum sent me this one alongwith the text message for the 1st Muharam reminder, kene berkorban sikit biasala kalau x pecah royong mana nak dapat sagunya..

I was like, royong?

She was right nonetheless, they say you should always listen to your mum..