Sunday, September 30, 2007

the end of a quarter

Last Friday marked the full first quarter of the journey as an intern. And also entering the second half of madrasah Ramadhan. Man time really flies.

Words travelled about the intern evaluations done by the intern tutor; where we were graded by our dear consultants, asked for feedbacks and discussed on future directions. Some can proudly smile coming out of the room, some were just numbed. Myself, I can safely say that it's been an honor working with the two prominent Profs.

It has been a little emotional lately. The new team exhibited intense negative force which sometimes seemed unbearable. Though not directly projected towards me (and nothing to do with me), the tensed and sour environment I was in most of the time turned me into this kinda - unhappy - person at work. It reached its peak on Friday when the joined Consultant handed me my SHO's bleep. Yep he's gone from the team, going to a different hospital and we'll be getting a new SHO starting Monday. I was dumbfounded. I wish I had given my testimony prudently to support him. I will surely miss his presence come Monday.

Here professionalism works in line with the system. A little glitch will be fixed, and there's always a way out in a civilized manner. But still, it'll be better if it didn't happen at a first place. Now that I'm getting a new SHO. I can be resistant to changes sometimes if you don't know..

It kinda suck. But the good thing is I'll be gone in a week's time for my annual leave. My mind will be at ease for the 2 weeks. And this whole phenomenon really supports my previous theory - your beauty really glows when you're a lot nicer to people believe me.

Ah hospital politics again..