Thursday, August 21, 2008

cuti

Thank you Ali and Yanie for your concerns on my disruptive instant noodle diet before. No worries babes, I've reached the non-palatable limit for them for the moment, it'll be a while till it ceases I promise. So here's for dinner tonight, a quick Italian pasta penuh nutrisi dan kasih sayang he he. Ayam + sundried tomatoes + beans + dried Italian spices + Parmesan = speaks for itself. Oh ye, sangat pedas walaupun nampak pucat.

Buon appetito!

Anyhooo..

I'm on a week's break and going nowhere for the first time ever. Must say that I'm enjoying it. Being a housewife is not easy, there's linens to be taken care of and groceries to buy and children to be fed (hypothetically). I developed biceps after few rounds of hot-pressing the bed linens and hovering the place. Man it's not easy! How did mom do it, on top of her daily job as a teacher, and without an instant help of a bibik! My hero!! T_T

Mom reminded me that Ramadhan is coming. Yes my most awaited and anticipated month. I look at it as a starting point of self-correction, also renewing and polishing the imaan. And there's a 30 days opportunities for it to begin with. Which is abundant. Here's a little plan for a start

1. Daily suhoor and early Fajr
2. Pray at earlier time
3. Solat sunat, solat tarawikh and qiyam
4. Finish the whole Quran at the end of the month
5. Increase wirids and du'as
6. Read more; medical and non-medical materials
7. Call home regularly
8. Coffee cutbacks
9. Music cutbacks
10. Eat healthily, less greasy, less fat, high protein diet

10 is a good balance for a start. I must say I will terribly miss the old student days when I excelled Ramadhan dashingly with the aide and the spirit coming from the good mates. Those were the days when we took turns leading the prayers, gave a small reminder after solat, secretly raced with each other to finish the Quran, went to the Masjid together for the delicious free tandoori for iftaar, cooked nice traditional kuih for buka to make the ambience more homely and after lectures cookies baking series with Yanie. Cakap aja kuih siput kuih sarang semut semua kita buat. I really really miss those days.

Anyway, Mak pesan banyakkan bersabar. There's no success without sacrifice.