Monday, August 11, 2008

when the going gets tough, the tough gets going

The big boss came in this morning with a big elated smile on her face cheering big 'Hi' to me. I knew something was on. Apparently her boys were taken to her sister's place so she had good 2 nights' sleep over the weekend. It was obvious. We were seeing patients when she started asking J her girlfriend's name. It was R. Then the nightmare began. She turned to me with her bright eyes and asked,

"So Wan, are you kissing someone?"

"Er?"

"Yeah, are you seeing someone? Or I may say kissing someone??"

"Er.." *Gulp

J intruded, "Oh give Wan a break."

"No it's fine, I'd like to know whether she's kissing someone or she's looking for someone?"

Err..

***

We were all amazed on her level of elation today, even the nurses did. When we talked about it, J said,

"You should see how Wan started to blush from top of her face down. She went absolutely red. It's funny though coz you usually go red from down up not the other way round."

We agreed that she might've got a little bit more than a good night's sleep over the weekend. *Giggles*

Nonetheless, I think she's the real superwoman I've ever came across with. I'm speaking highly of her all the times that one of my friends started thinking that I need to re-check my sexual orientation. No it's just so different when you have someone that you look up highly to and want to be like someday, then treats you so humbly and guides you through all the times. She just blew my mind away. Right, now I started sounding like a real gay.

I'm just so grateful that in times that I've been up to my eyeballs trying to be at a lot of places at one time, I've granted a real good boss that is, through her OCD-ness and achieving perfections in everything she does, still doesn't look down on me who's lacking of A LOT of things, with knowledge in the field being one major thing. She trusted me and taught me to do bronchoscopy on the kids, heck I didn't even get the chance to do it in adults! So Alhamdulillah, though I'm always wrecked at the end of a real hectic day, I always know that this is what I've always wanted to do.

On a side note, the housemate has flewn home today for a holiday and I'm all alone. Not that I see her much these days anyway coz she's on the night's shift and I was always home after she's gone to work. So yeah, here goes series of bujang dinner, full of MSGs. Thanks to whoever invented instant noodle.




And these are for desserts. A 3 in 1 teh tarik and heavenly Lindt Nocciolatte. I'm after taken Solpadeine for my bad tooth and gum-ache so might as well savour everything before the effect of the medication wean off.




Toooodles!