Tuesday, August 05, 2008

free flyer, soul searcher

Happy post-long weekend. It's gonna be a short but intense week. First day back I already had to stay back till late. Sometimes I wonder is it a curse or a blessing to lead a single life like this. Both I guess, depending on how you wanna look at things.

Living abroad like this, away from your familiar ones, it is only your own faith that would keep you straight on the path of righteousness. It's almost like a free world. DO whatever you want to do, the western or the eastern style, nobody cares. Everyday I keep praying that Allah SWT won't take His love away from me. Like mom always said, iman senipis kulit bawang, (sambung seniri)....

Just a little reminder to myself.

Anyhoooooo..hehe panjang sket.



The long weekend was well-spent. We travelled down south-west and hit the beach. Went surfing and came back with the tan. Good fun! Definitely a good escapade. I came back refreshed (with the real muscles ache as well).



Surfing is all about picking the right things. The right wave, the right timing, the right side of the board, the right paddling, the right pop-up. It's not easy to be all-right. Sometimes you thought you've picked the correct wave and timing, only to stumble at the bottom of a strong and wrong one. Air laut sangat masin. It's not a nice thing to drink liters of.



Nonetheless, it was a great beginner experience. I got Monday off, at the expense of working full weekend this coming weekend. So you won't see any of me come the end of the week.

Boohooo..

Nice day ahead peeps!