Monday, April 12, 2004

Jour Deux: Meaux-Chessy(Disneyland Parc)-Meaux

We woke up late, (really late!!) the sun had already shined brightly outside. Tak sedar langsung!!penat sangat (shouldn’t really be the reason to wake up late!!)..last night I was so mad at the whole situation that I forgot I did had a few conversations with this hotel’s owner..he’s a Muslim guy from Iran, seemed like a nice guy..he asked us how ‘d we managed to get here and shocked when I said we took a cab..tau pun mahal..dah tu awatnye buat hotel murah jauh2...(haha laughing at myself again)..and he also gave us the direction to go to the Chessy train station by bus..much more cheaper and took less time than the cab..sah kena tipu last night…

That day I woke up with prayers and hopes that the day was gonna be one of our best days in life..and it was indeed..we were out to search for the bus stop at 9 something, I didn’t quite remember the exact time it was..the fact was we were already forgotten wut the hotel guy said to us about the directions..so we walked to pass the nearby LIDL and found the highway..err mane ade bus stop??we walked for 5 mins ahead from where we were and hesitated as there was no sign of any bus stop..we decided to walk back and find somebody to ask for direction..so we were in the LIDL parking area again..hmm..sape nak ditanya ni??ko la tanye…err nak ckp ape??(sesi tunjuk menunjuk sape yg nak ditanya sapa yang nak menanya)..aaa gasak je la…

Ade sorg makcik baru parking kereta dia..

Moi: Err excusez moi madame, est-ce que vous pouvez parler en Englais??
(excuse me madam, do u know how to speak English?)

Elle: N’est pas du tout.
(don’t know at all)

cett...kecewa…itulah time blaja French dulu Mademoiselle Sheila suruh blaja bebetul camne nak tanye direction in French takmo dengar..aaa rasakan…

after asking the same question to few other people, and got the same answer from all, we decided to walk back to the hotel and ask the hotel’s owner once again..the French people are really a bunch of arrogant people who won’t ever speak other languages other than theirs—this was said by my French teacher Mademoiselle Sheila herself in one of her classes, I remember this before and didn’t quite believe it at first, I mean, c’on this is already 21st century, surely that kind of mentality has at least already been rejected by some if not all..English is crucial, wut more if u are living in this part of the world in this very century!never knew the mentality’s still there in certain places..sabar sabar sabariah…

so we really went back..before that we decided to buy some gateaux, fromages ou anything for food that we can eat from LIDL..there were lots of people inside, yelah dah murah..cam Giant and Carrefour kat m’sia la jugak..and ALDI kat Ireland ni…for only 2/3 stuff we were trying to buy cost us nearly half an hour of queuing, plus some odd and awkward looks from other people, old people and children mainly..wut in the world did this two ladies were doing in this small remote area, they must be thinking..pedulilah..nak buat camne lagi??buat bodo je laa…(our favourite phrase during the whole 7 days of journey..ayat redha..haha..ayat senario..rindunye nak tgk senario!)

this time we really got the direction right..by observation we took a short cut to the bus stop, passing by the rear of LIDL thru an area of houses, took like 5 mins and there we were waiting for the bus..tgk jam, alamak dah pukul 10 lebey!we might be missing the first hour in Disneyland!!!the bus came few moments later..

Yanie: Aku rasa aku nampak orang melayu dalam bas ni..
Me: Ye ke??kat mane??
Yanie: Depan skali!
Me: \(@_@)/

Seb baik rabun..tak nampak pun…emm berape tambang pulak nih?

Bus driver: (speaking French very very fast!)

Matila..pakcik ni sah sah tak tau ckp English!alamak dah perasan dua org melayu kat seat depan sekali..

After about a minute of us trying to guess the bus fair and the bus driver trying to tell us the fair, I finally gave the coins I had in my hand and trusted the driver to give the change back..actually it wasn’t that hard to figure out the fair, I think we were some kind of ashamed and kalut of the fact that there were 2 malay guys there, and I think I saw them smiling (more to ‘sengih’ing) and whispering to each other, maybe of us...menyampahnye!bukannye nak tolong..tolong gelak adela…(malu gilerrr time tu.) wuttheheck..i’m not going to meet them again anyway..so be it..

Bus fair = 2.60euro pp, so 5.20euro for two, deux six-ans euro pour une personne...bukan susah pun..

As the description on the internet said, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Disneyland!!from far I could see many people walking happily to the main gate..we walked off the bus with huge smiles on our faces..macam dalam iklan colgate…we passed by the Disney Village on the left before reaching the gate..malas nak masuk dlm tu..we just took few pictures there and proceeded to the gate (Gate of Moria..eheh macam LOTR le pulak)..

Goofy and Donald Duck here we come!!

Entrance fees= 39euro pp..boleh beli handbag satu utk Mak..tambah sket dapat lagi satu leather purse utk Abah..

We decided to play till the very last penny of the fees!and we did…I think that day my inner child popped out of me, felt like I was in my white gown with my black hat again, running over one place to another searching for the best ride possible…I couldn’t put into words wut really had happened, there were loads of them..if only I knew how to put pictures here (man technologies had really left me behind)..basically we went on most of the interesting rides..The Space Mountain, how can I forget this ride, felt like my brain had been sucked out of the skull, and Indiana Jones’ backward ride..giler best..to the most ‘kanak-kanak riang-ria’s rides’ like the MadHutter’s Giant Tea Cup’s, Dumbo’s, Peter Pan’s, and more!we took a lot of photos, I like the Fantasyland with the Alice in the Wonderland’s giant Labyrinth, and the Discoveryland where they did the 3D show of Honey I Shrunk The Audience..felt so real! At 4pm there was the Disney’s Grand Parade, with all the cartoon’s characters and nicely decorated cars..i like the Aladdin’s guy…cute!(proven true by others..quite a heartthrob!) and at 8pm there was the Disney’s Fantalusia Parade, sort of closing parade for the day..by that time we were so tired and hungry..we realized that we only ate 3 pieces of Bourbon chocolate biscuits, 2 thin pieces of swiss rolls and a small packet of Walkers for the whole day, and amazed by that..we did felt hungry for times but I think we easily got distracted by the excitements of the place..haha..in fact we only took our break for solat and no for others..

On the journey back, I couldn’t stop thinking of the things we went thru for the day, and the day before..all the worries paid off the happiness we got for the day..the strenuous works for first professional exams, tears with laughters..every sweat paid off..

And wut would be better?if I can bring my little nephew, Naqib with me to the park..sure dia suke jumpe toy story punye characters..rindunye kat budak mulut becok tu…