Tuesday, August 10, 2004

a newborn and a busy week

i left this blog for a week yet it felt like only a moment ago i last wrote here (how time flies). it's been a hectic week for me indeed, as i expected it to be.

on Monday i was supposed to go to MERCY making myself useful over there but i didn't, it was hard for me to get the momentum for all these volunteering works, gosh i need it badly. but i knew once it's there, it'll be unstoppable (inshaALLAH).

so i planned to cover up my absence on Monday for the next day, but again plan aborted, i had a more important thing to attend. it was the day when i had my second nephew (August 3rd 2004), the next successor of Wan's Family. my brother was never happier than he was on the day and the whole family was delighted. Naqib was the happiest of all i think, he promised not to suck up his thumb again as he now has a 'small brother to be taken care of' (they are cousins actually) which at the end of the day u know what would happen, he'll never can leave the bad habit. so we were all in Hospital Putrajaya until half-four in the evening, i had to go fetching Reen who came to KL to meet the KETAPUs sisters as she didn't make it for Penang the other day. that nite i had Pah and Reen in my house and we watched '30 Hari Mencari Cinta' (i bought the VCD in the evening at The Mall) late that nite while eating maggi mee and a can of lychee drink, it was typical hostel style, though my mom has cooked dinner that nite.

so the consequence was, i had my eyes swollen and red for the lack of sleep the nite before. Wednesday morning, i met with some friends in Serdang commuter station and Asyif took us from there to PD for this year's Perhimpunan Pelajar M'sia. actually i went there a day earlier than the actual programme commencement date, which actually was meant for the programme's committees. it was hard initially as i was so shy with half of them whom i didn't know earlier, but the ukhuwwah got stronger with every hour i spent over there. it was truly a day worth spent, we had great speakers like En. Ariffin who is a consultant,
and Ustaz Rahim (i'm not sure about the name), whom both had engineering as their first degree actually and jumped to do consultancy cum da'awah as a job now. those are the people worth idolising about i think, the precious spirit of a da'ie folded in their hearts that they put Islam and Ummah in their list of priorities. then we also had a special appearance from Prof Abang Abdullah, founder of MSM (Majlis Syura Muslimun) whom being presence was a true spirit booster for us all.

then the next day was busier with the arrival of the participants. i helped with the registration and arranging the accomodation. bits of here and there, as i wasn't the real committee. by noon the programmes started with a trendy way of icebreaking i'd say and it continued with some other interesting programmes til Friday when i had to leave the camp two days earlier than the closing ceremony. it was hard for me to leave the place, not because i felt that Saturday's matter wasn't important, i just felt like the chances to get along with people of the same interest and the same pathway that i'd like to commit in life is so hard to get, and when i got one the time limited me to go on further more. but it was OK for an introduction i guess, i pray for more chances like that and i'll seek for more myself inshaAllah.

(frankly, i don't come from a family with a really strong religion background, moderate maybe, and i didn't have the chance to be in a religious boarding school, and i was naive when i chose French as my third language instead of Arabic, but all of those don't stop me from seeking for more. despite my envious thoughts towards my other lucky friends with a great family backgroud that motivates them to deepen their knowledge of Islam, my motivation is to put the lackness that i have as a reason for me to learn for more, as i believe that all human beings have one fitrah in common that is to become a better person in life. it's just the matter of time for some changes to be done. don't u think so?)

then on Friday Asyif dropped me back in Serdang at 5 in the evening, and at half-ten that night i was already on my way to Shera's house. i was delighted despite the tiredness i was having from the camp as
it's been a year since i last meet them all, my Sohabat9600 pals. Shera and Cipah were there in the house and the other 3 arrived later from UTM that night. my gosh, the thrills of meeting each other and updating a year worth of stories, i nearly lost my voice there. the next morning the rest of the team came and after having our delicious breakfast together, we convoyed in Nisa's Wira and Anem's Toyota Unser to Janda Baik, Pahang. there were only 10 of us who made it this time, as the others were busy with their studies and all. completely understandable. it was indeed a beautiful place over there and the cold water chilled us out to the bone, but that didn't stop us from having our greatest time. on our way back, we stopped by at McD with the initial intention to buy drinks that ended up to be sitting down having our second lunch while chit chatting. then there was a turnover of the plan, most of us headed to Anem's house to spend the nite there while few sticked on their initial plan. the best thing happened later that nite when we went out to eat outside near midnight, though my eyes were already half opened, the spirit to continue on my Malay food fiesta kept me awake. huhu. will u believe it if i say that i never ordered anything else than Teh Tarik or Teh Ais whenever i eat outside since i got back for the holidays? the mamak must have put some marijuana or any drugs in the teh i think, i can't stop drinking one now :p

tired but i had another circle of friends to meet. on Sunday morning Anem sent me home (thanks dude) and in the afternoon i went to UKM to meet my friends and also to go to the Pesta Konvo over there. Reen was again in KL and i met my other KC mates in UKM whom i didn't meet since last year. again it was a humid day but we never failed to entertain ourselves with each others stories. and in the evening they all decided to come to my house to visit my new nephew or 'their' new nephew they said, so i was leading them all in Pah's Serena and Amali followed in his black Kembara. after a simple dinner at my house, it was the end of the busy week yet the BEST week ever for me.

a beautiful new babyborn, a meaningful camp and three different circles of friends to sum up my GRATEFULLNESS of the week. thanks Allah!

-in a cookie of life, friends are the chocolate chips-