Thursday, November 09, 2006

coffee talk..

I haven't been checking the news for quite a while. Today I decided to.

Here's the first line that caught my eyes.

Dr. Mahathir diserang sakit jantung ringan, keadaan stabil.

As I literally translate that, it sounds like he may got a touch of myocardial infarction. Which is quite funny. In a way that in the hospital we always see the elderly complaining they had 'a touch of asthma' or 'a touch of the heart' or 'a touch of diabetes' where in reality you would never had a touch of anything, you just simply had them all. Maybe it's mild, but you still have it don't you. Don't get me wrong I'm not making any point here (politically that is), it's just one of the hospital jokes I share with my mates that got us giggled at times when mentioning about. A touch of the heart..ow whateva..

Nonetheless, I wish Dr M a speedy recovery and may he be granted a good health inshaAllah.

Secondly, Republikan hilang kuasa di Kongres kerana Bush.

I had no digital TV in the B&B where I'm staying at the moment. So at 6 o'clock every evening when I usually watch reruns of Friends or any cartoons on Nick at my cosy home in Dublin, I watched the evening news on every channel over here instead. So I can proudly say that I'm pretty updated on things happening around me at the moment. Whatever killing took place in Limerick or whoever died in a car crash in Mayo. I've also been following the current general election going on in the Uncle Sam's country. What a (expected) turnover that is. I guess there shall be a little light at the end of this horrendous tunnel, people clearly had been sick of Bush's stupid acts, and whatever future the Democrats is painting I hope it'll be a true lesser of the evil (these devils) floating around in that coutry.

May Allah SWT save the Muslims all over the world.

Thirdly, hahaha (let me finish my laughs first)

Ramai lelaki tempatan kahwin wanita asing

What a fact. You wonder why there's lack of single males in our country, there's your answer. And I don't blame Siti for marrying Dato' K, good for you Siti. Hehe. OK to look at it more seriously I guess it is true that with these fashion and marital industries running high, the demands to create a perfect idea of wedding is going proportionally up too, and it all comes to the male gender to have to support most of the (necessary/unnecessary) costs; the rings (merisik, bertunang, kahwin), the duit hantaran, the wedding dress, the canopies and tables/hotel ballroom, the food, the many dulang of hantaran..So why do all these when you can marry a Vietnamese girl in a mosque with a Koran as a gift and register the wedding at pejabat kadi right after then you're officially man and wife? Sense? No?

Well, for me it all comes back to the basic intentions of marriage. Why do you get married? Is it because you're girlfriend/boyfriend is good looking? Is it the look in the eyes that goes straight to your hearts? Is it the girl/guy your parents want you to marry? Is it the personality that matches? Is it the lust? Or is it the easy access of fulfilling your lust? Whatever it is, be wise and pick up the strongest reason, the one that you think gonna help you sail thru marriage life till the end, the one that'll last. It's not gonna be easy doing that, the world is one difficult place to fit in. But I believe in faith as the strongest factor of all. If you have faith in God and the religion, you'd be able to cope thru thick and thin.

Looking on a brighter side, our guys marrying the foreigners is not so bad when they have the chance to widened their horizon of da'wah and spread Islam accordingly. Let's hope that most of them get married for that reason (which I supposed not many of them do according to the number of early divorcements given).

Coffee's finished, it's time to work..you go have a great day aye..