Saturday, January 19, 2008

for those reasons I am now giving up on this hospital..

I officially did.

If I fight it I'll lose. If I don't I'll lose too. So for that I gave up. No more antagonizing, instead I'll just laugh and work whatever stupid way they want me to be. Lesson learned - work your a** to be in the best system you can get. Good system --> good training --> good doctors --> better patient managements. I'm too tired, can't cope with more frustrations no more.

I was dreading today's call. Instead of returning to Dublin on Friday I stayed over a friend's place here to avoid coming early for the call. So after work last night - I, sunk in dreadful on-call thoughts - made my way to the small town here for a comfort outing. To my surprise, there were good few designers shops with massive sale on. As they say, misery loves company. So what happened after that you go figure.

So I was calculating my bad maths - which put me into medical school in the first place instead of any business school out there - I will be working x hours for a weekend call, for the rate of y EUR per hour. But for each weekend call I'm dreading, I spend z amount for the counter-reacting comfort shopping. So am I really making any profits here? Still confused ~~

Life has been quite stale with the mounting frustrations. A friend of mine reminded how life felt empty these days when you go home and sleep, wake up the next morning and go to work, repeating the same vicious circle with no other inputs in it. She said we should start seeking. Yes you know for what (I was actually in blank initially).

She got a point. But it's hard to find a decent guy these days. The closest one was the German patient I did pre-operative work ups in A&E before he went for appendicectomy. Oh he reminded me of the German Psychiatrist in BH. (Damn hot). And that was yesterday only, today he's nowhere to be found. Oh he's not dead don't worry. I'm just too busy to look for him. So life is still crappy. And don't worry, my mum will kill me if I start bringing back guys who speak no Malay.

And those are the frustrations talking.

Cheerios lads.