Tuesday, January 01, 2008

moving in

Happy New Year 2008 dear readers.

A LOT has happened in 2007. Mostly life changing. I don't know whether it would be wise to list them all here, maybe I should just keep them to myself. Maybe I shouldn't. (See at the end of another year part of me is still the same old me; indecisive, secretive (source doubtful?), lack of confidence in oneself, the list goes on.)

I'm not a good person. If one thing I would mourn about 2007 is the decreased performance of amal, good deeds and remembrance of God. I know I could've done better than what I did. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe it was me all along. So I thank Allah SWT for still loving me by giving all of the nikmahs which sometimes I think were too good, considering my very poor performance all along. I always think it was my parents' du'as which made the difference, if not for them I don't know what would happen to me really.

Come to think about it, life goes around in circles. From birth to death, young become old, poor to rich, and poor again, or rich, you might loss what you have in your hands, and one day they return, one time you're up on the top next day the bottom, what you do today affects tomorrow, and most importantly what you do in life affects your after-life. Life has been too busy sometimes you forget the very basis of it.

I'm thinking of using the new year as a marking point for self-corrections. They're not new resolutions really, I don't know what you should call them. So here's to the better me in 2008, inshaAllah..