Monday, January 07, 2008

It's snowing in here...


The colleagues walking in the snow at the break of dawn..

OLLH was all beautiful and white on the second day of work. At first I thought it was only gonna be typical Irish snow that will never stick, it did eventually, for couple of days. So there goes my first real snow experience locally, though I'm still planning to go to Switzerland for the real deal one fine day.

Going from a big national referral hospital to a smaller peripheral one is a big change. Everything seems so different; the people (doctors, nurses, pysiotherapists, porters), the utilities, the patients, the food, the library, the doctor's res, even the littlest thing like bungs for IV cannulas are different. I went from all-computerized system to manually fill-in order forms and walk-to-the-lab-yourself type of jobs. It's a big change, more like a backward change; which is kind of sucks. On top of that, doing surgical rotation is not helping the acclimatizations at all. Yes I detest surgery and I think it has surfaced now if not from before.

But as per the new resolutions, this year I'm gonna look at things more positively and make use of the chances available. If one thing I love about OLLH (of other bad things I whined about secretly in my heart while doing jobs) is it can be so relaxing at times. So since I started not a week ago, I have managed to call in the banks, tax office, credit card office, tv cable company, my mum, you name it; which I could never do when working in BH. I was let home early today on a post-call state (with a terrible Sunday on-call that was), when in BH I would just continue the day till the end nauseated and tired. It's a bliss really. And I can start studying and finish my audits and research also, which is another bless.

So when looking at things broadly, the benefits weigh out the loss. After a long time, I can finally start thinking about things other than work. And it's a perfect time of the year too.

I figured the most grateful person is the one who makes out benefits from deficiencies. And I should be one of them really.

On another note, please welcome the little girl Batrisyia Safiyyah who was born on January 2nd. My heartiest congratulations to the happy parents Azlan & Shu for your little bundle of joy. Be prepared for the coming on-call nights, now you'll know how I really feel the past 6 months. He he.


Aku pulak yang excited ha ha..


P.S - I need to find a new hobby..