Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." - Kahlil Gibran


It is truly devastating when you diagnosed a few months old baby with a disease the parents, the staff, you and everyone knows that won't make the baby sees any future. Indeed Allah SWT has His plans for each one of us and only He knows what's best.

Medicine really amuses me. It's amazing how it is, like life, can be learned either as a spectrum or something clear cut. I have 2 small infants with spinalmuscular atrophy - one just newly diagnosed this week. Both have complications in their lungs so bad that they're struggling to breathe when they're feeding. Then I met another 4 year old today with the same diesease. She was all cute in her pink dress and shoes, and she loved my pink scarf today. So we talked about everything pink. She even liked my polka-dots pink socks. Yes I was post-call so I'm allowed to be all cute and odd.

So on one hand you have someone with the bad end of the disease, and on the other is doing pretty OK. But when she gave you a weak cough and left the ward in her automated wheelchair, you know she won't make it far though. But who are we to decide this anyway.

Anywhoo.

I'm sure at this stage everyone has read the medical report of DSAI ex-aide which is circulating on the w.w.w like nobody's business. At this rate I think most of us are pretty much pissed off if not laughing at the internal jokes coming from the jungle govt. Well I am if you're not. I've had enough of this fabrications it is damn frustrating. The world is laughing at us too. BTW tenesmus is a sensation of incomplete defecation but let's not go there.

Shot 1 in Disney Paris. No wonder my sis was giggling when she took the picture.



Shot 2. Hello Tony! Ngee..


OK I'm missing my familiar friends it's not even funny.

Tomorrow marks an important date in our calendar, the Isra' Mi'raj. Here's a little something to freshen up the mind.

Cheerios all!