Monday, July 07, 2008

reinforcing reinforcements

As promised, here goes. The so-called frequent update. I don't know why am I doing this. But sometimes things can be done for no reasons at all ain't it?

I think I'm beginning to like Paeds. Last week it was about fitting in and giving the best impressions, so I wasn't seeking for the 'joy' of working yet. As I'm beginning to settling down, I can tell that it's a different fun working in this field.

First of all, I became totally selfless, well that's a bit too much. Probably less selfish putting it more appropriately. If last time I used to justify a lot what I did on the wards, hence sometimes refused to heed the call for silly stuff on the wards, well not anymore this time. It's always been 'about the kids'. The innocent kids who are born with illnesses they don't even know about. It's the purity and innocence which made one more to become selfless I'd say.

"I've never met someone doing Paeds who's unhappy." Someone used to say that to me.

I don't know about that, you'll never know when things gonna hit you low. But I do understand the concept of it, no matter how much the job takes out of you, physically and mentally, sometimes a little kiddies smile can cure it all. Aha I'm a tad bit too philosophical now.

Coming back to reality, I was on-call with one of the best registrars in the hospital last night. It was a OK call to be honest with you, I expected worse. It was in the morning that I found out that she didn't actually sleep the whole night after being called for sick kids on the wards and in A&E. Despite all that, she was smiling and still remaining the cool. So I asked her, "How was last night's call for you for Paeds standard?" She replied, "It was moderate." Smiled

I choked.

O
therwise, the team has been OK. I think my Big Boss is a Superhero (imagining her in Wonder Woman suit). She saves lives and looks cool too. She probably had Intel Centrino or whatever processor implanted in her brain long before computer was invented. How awesome. I have to really start dieting to prepare myself in my Superhero suit too (black leather Cat Woman suit?). I have to start studying I mean....

I'm thinking of a new personal project for fund raising for the hospital. Any ideas? (As if clinical jobs, exams, etc are not busy enough.)

Till then.