Saturday, August 23, 2003

the visit of my life..

last friday i went to see the dentist in bandar baru bangi, accompanied by my parents after Abah finished his friday prayer. i have a big, i mean a reallly biig hole in my 2nd molar teeth, got this one when i was still in dublin (gigi terpatah sikit/serpih and there's a big hole left) and also my-long-before-identified caries at my insicor teeth..damn it how did i got that one!!memalukan sungguh!!

the doctor (Dr Sham if i'm not mistaken) just got back from his outing when i went inside. i didn't noticed his looks as he was already masked when he approached me. n so the treatment went on...while he was checking my teeth, he did praised me for my clean teeth, saying that i have a correct technique/skill of brushing my teeth (all thanks to Suhana, my good pal in KC who's currently doing dentistry in UKM KL). but the probem with me was that i didn't floss my teeth often enuff that plaque built up within the teeth=caries!

i'm not going to tell ya evrybit of things that went on on that day. but i'd like to share with you the things that crossed my minds while having and also after the treatment. firstly, i went to a private clinic and my first benefit was that i didn't have to wait for any second to get my treatment, secondly the doctor n the nurses there were soo nice to me n they're all very friendly (too friendly i'd say, asking me questions while my mouth opened wide enuff that i can put my fist in it--how can i answer them?) and i also got the best explaination ever of wut's going on inside my mouth-i guess a real idiot also could have understood clearly wut he was saying!n all these things came with a PRICE---the bill that was nearly reaching rm200...it got me into thinking---do evry good things in the world really have that high price??

as the world moves on, evryday more people get sick..n more technologies have been implemented in the medical world to ease the treatment process, and of course the impact is the cost of the treatment keeps increasing as the technology grows! well of course u can always go to the general/gov. hospitals but u surely get the best quality of treatments at the private ones, believe me as i've experienced this. i'm lucky to have my dad's insurance to cover my medical treatments n mum'm too as a government server (insya Allah i'll have my children covered up in their times too), but think of those who didn't have all these things. three/four days stay in HUKM would cost u nearly rm600+ or even more. sad huh? if only i can do sumthing to help those the needy ones (maybe i'll reconsider my ambition to serve in Mercy on any volunteering society huhu)

this thing crossed my minds too : insya Allah when i'm a doctor someday my children/my family won't have any problem in having their medical treatment, BUT how bout their (n mine) dental treatment????

possible solution : do i have to find a dentist husband for this????hahaha.. :p