Saturday, July 03, 2004

fresh from home

Venue: Hospital UKM, Bandar Tun Razak
Date: July 1, 2004
Time: 2059 hours

It’s been a while. And I really longed to write something here. Since the whole house just moved out not months ago, we just got the phone line installed and never the internet. So my job would be to go and reconnect it back, since I am the only one who’s using it. Think of just buying the prepaid card for it or starting with the broadband, but the latter wouldn’t really be an option as I consider it just a waste of money since I’m not using it that much. (I just have the 2 months to do everything, u wouldn’t really expect me to be on the net the whole bunch of them right?)

First thing’s first, THE JOURNEY BACK

Alhamdulillah I safely arrived in KLIA on Monday, June 28, minutes earlier than the expected. The journey back was OK, from Heathrow Airport Yani and I sat separately in MAS airline as we didn’t really realized it earlier to change the seatings before the boarding passes being handed till it was already late. I got the window seat beside this lovely British couple from Portsmouth, Pamela and David (I never got their last name). I sat beside David, a typical British man with long legs that his knees almost touching the front seat. He was making jokes about it saying that he knew that would happened then but the money’s not there for the business class seat J

And to make the condition worse, a chinese lady who was seating in front of him lowered her seat till David could barely move his whole legs. He politely asked the lady to at least raise the seat a bit but that damn ignorance lady just rolled up her eyes and told him (rudely!) that she needed some sleep and she couldn’t really sleep with the seat upright. Bodos tak sekolah. I was damned ashamed at that time being a Malaysian and CULTURE-SHOCKED! Too long I’ve been with the friendly and polite Irish people, my first experience with people of my own country after a while was that. I asked David whether he’d like to exchange his seat with me (for compensation of the shame) but he refused to. Poor man.

The rest of the journey went fine. David and Pam were like grannies, they gave me sweets for swallowing purpose (balancing pressure in both ears, med stuff, duh!) and they kept food and drinks given by the crews for me when I was asleep. I was in good hands basically, except for the fact that I couldn’t go to the toilet for the fact that I might get them both to stand up and make way for me if I do, so I didn’t (smpi sakit perut menahan tau). To cut the story short, yes I arrived and they both had another 7 hours to Adelaide for they’re visiting their son’s family who migrated there.

Now u make your way out fast to your family, Wan! It’s been nice meeting u and I’m sure we’ll meet again soon. I’m the type who remember face u know! –Pam :p

The whole family was there, and I happily hugged them. Arriving home I was treated with my longed-to-eat nasi lemak with sambal udang and sayur kangkung, additional lauk was rendang kerang, telur, ayam goreng and there was also kuih koci pulut hitam. Haha as if they knew that! They’re all look more or less the same the last time I saw them, except for K.Rina’s rounded belly that’s due next month, Angah whom they said ‘competing perut’ with his wife (memangla dasar org baru kawin), Along who lost more kgs and my God my nephew Naqib Ikram who’s a GIANT now (like Giant in Doraemon I tell ya)

On Tuesday I woke up at 3am and couldn’t go to sleep after that. In the morning I rearranged the furniture in house a bit, yeah my new old house (new for us, old building). They were OK but some places needed a bit of ladies touch I think as they were arranged by my retired dad I presumed. In the evening we went to pasar malam and I paid the revenge eating the murtabak, roti john, keropok lekor, air tebu, aiseh byklah (and yes putu bambu, how can I forget)

On Wednesday I woke up late as I spent the early morning watching Gothika over the VCD and I had to watch something else later after that to make me forget of the film (seriously scary) and there were AF2 repeat on TV. I heard it’s started already but I never had the feel to watch it for now. I’m still in the blues I think, so I don’t really bother for any show on TV yet. At half-eleven I took Naqib from his pre-school. I had to wait outside for a while as I arrived a bit early than the time and I could hear the teacher was shouting something for the kids to spell and after that they had to sing ‘burung kakak tua’ and also say some prayers before going back. How cute! Not long after that I saw Naqib out, man he was as big as the others, or even bigger, eventhough he’s a year younger. It runs in the family I supposed. Tall and big. Haha

On the same day Mak was admitted to HUKM (now it is all making sense right) for her kidney stones (med term: ureteric calculi). She was on the list for Left URS on Thursday so she went in one day earlier for the preparations. I also met Pah and Mira who’s place just behind the main hospital building, they came to see me with their white coats on, and I actually spent the night at their place. Haha I knew that would happen, and Mak had to bear with me.

It’s a long entry, I want to write more but I’m afraid I can’t. Cut the story shorter, the whole surgical procedure was safely done on Mak (it wasn’t an invasive procedure), and here she is sleeping soundly beside me. I have to get my sleep too and I can’t produce anymore noise or the nurses would get me for that.