Thursday, July 08, 2004

keeping up

noticed me writing something here every single night of my holidays? pathetic eh? i dunno, i lost my appetite on the telly since i got back, the only soap that i watch is Sephia with that cute Ako and that's about it. yeah maybe in the evening i watch The Simpsons with Naqib, and that's IF we're not out or i don't spend the evening chasing him to the bathroom. i try to watch more malay soaps, or any indonesian ones on Prima, or any hindi movies (bab menari yg lemah tu), but nothing amuses me anymore. back in Dublin i can watch the same episode of Friends over and over again till i know all the scripts by heart i think (try me) and never get bored by it. and hell ya i miss Futurama. i want more malay soaps, c'on isn't there any nice dramas on TV now? where have all Rashid Sibir's or Aziz M. Osman's dramas gone? c'on put on the talented Nasha Aziz, Rosyam Noor, Umi Aida, Ako, Hans, anyone, i need soaps!!i'll regret it later when i go back if i don't watch more.

i'm reading a book now and i'm telling you that i'm not a reader. in my life i can put on the figure of storybooks that i've read, and it's not even up to 10 i think. i am the kind of person that's easily lost my concentration over a thing due to some outside stimuli. so when i'm reading with the telly on, i have to read the same line in the storybook for few times while filtering my mind of the show that's on TV at that time, so i'd end up losing my interest of the book later on. but this time i dunno, it happened when i was waiting for Yani to buy some books at Eason the day before we went back, i was just holding this particular book and i read the synopsis and it wasn't bad at all (since it was on the Bestseller's shelves). so i started reading the page, and i couldn't really stop reading there at that moment. so not like me, with the people moving around me. the book was on sale, but still i was badly broke as Eason was our last shop before we wrapped up the shopping-marathon on that day, there were just coins in my purse at that time. i was tempted by Yani using her credit card, but yes i countered the temptation there. bravo me!

so my first outing to Kinokuniya, i found the book and without any hesitation, i bought it. it was The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, and i categorized it as a mystery/thriller type. i like it as the story takes place at Musee du Lourve, Paris, and my memoires of the place is still fresh inside as i visited the place only on last March. there are some sentences in French, which i enjoy guessing the meanings (rusty french i got) and while reading i can clearly imagine the scenes as depicted by the author. just a warning in case anyone interested in the book, u may feel a lil bit uncomfortable reading it as there are strong Christianity affluences in it. but the storyline is interesting, though it is some kinda heavy material. and it's gonna take me long to finish it i presumed considering my nephew being around and the chores i have to take care of. so give all the lucks to me huh, make sure i don't waste my RM34.99 on it.

wait a minute, i think it wasn't my intention to write on the book earlier. what was it huh? damn it