Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Fishing Trip


One, two, three, four, five
Once I caught a fish alive
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten
Then I let it go again..

It was Sunday, May 8th and the day was not as bright as we hoped it'd be. Still there were sunny spells over time. Just recovering from a bad headache the night before, I was hoping this trip would lighten things up. The fact was it did. We went by a rental car with 5 other cars including K.Di's, K.Mai's and K.Sumai's. That means there were KIDS along, which I love most!

It only took not an hour to get to the fishing site which was in Glendalough, Co. Wicklow. Sounds familiar? Yep that was where we had our PUISI last December if u still remember. It was a pond where they rear fishes, so technically we were not really fishing but catching or buying fishes instead. Hoho. 5 seconds or less what it needs after putting the hook in the pondwater and zaas u caught one already. But it wasn't as easy as it sounded actually, over times the fishes became a bit clever by just eating the bait and escaped. Habis jugak setin umpan tu depa makan. Fast learner they are.

Guess who made the FIRST catch of the day? Of course, that'd be me! ^_^. Overall we managed to catch 25 fishes as targetted, clean them, marinade, and headed to the barbecue site.

PICT1783
Before eating

The fishes are all rainbow trout with beautiful salmon-like taste. And it was like clashes of civilisation when eating them with air asam pedas, but well who cares? It was ages since I had fish so that was really what I called payback time. Each of us got one, but when u share it felt like u had more! That's the beauty of it..

PICT1794
Katun khusyu' membakar ikan, dibantu oleh pengipas-pengipas yang setia, dan pemerhati tetap

Alhamdulillah, syukur rezki Tuhan kasi..

Reaching home at about 5 in the evening, felt like I was sweating fish-oils (OK that's gross). Takbley jadi ni. I decided to follow my healthy-conscious neighbours to go for a jog around the canal at 7. Changing the fish-smelled attires into an appropriate one, I felt something in my trousers pocket. Reaching down, there were few one ringgit notes in there.

PICT1809
Tadaa..magic kan?? Hoho

Superstitious me interpreted that as a sign of home is weeeely near..

For a full album, do visit my fotopages.