Tuesday, May 17, 2005

On the verge of an Ethicist's mind

I was about to land on planet Mars when these interesting lines wrecked my mother ship and pulled me back to planet earth;

"It is certainly not permissable to commit euthanasia and assisted suicide in Ireland. If you asked is it possible for the law to change with time, well right now abortion is still far from legal in Irish law, what'd u think about those more advanced ethical issues?"

"BUT, we are LUCKY that we're closed to the United Kingdom where Irish'd go for abortion, and also Switzerland where euthanasia is legal. Well, though our jurisprudence doesn't allow assisted suicide, euthanasia and abortion, we don't have the rights to prevent our people from travelling to the countries which jurisprudences allow those acts to commit one."


And he added,

"The only problem with that is, this law is selectively advantageous to those of financially capables, leaving the other group with no choice."

"And also, holiday euthanasia is still illegal in Switze." (grinning)


I was thinking, what kind of sick joke is this? U outlined a legislation for the people in your country, but you know the law is not good enough to prevent your citizens to commit what's impermissables, that your own people have to go out to another countries of permissable laws to commit what's not permitted in your jurisprudence!?

Any of you members of the laws reading this might think how stupid and ignorance I am thinking the way I did. But I say, lame, U know that man-made laws are dirtied with flaws but U still don't bothered to refer to what's outlined in the perfect jurisprudence of God's laws.

(Oh how dare I say those lines when I'm not even empowered with voting rights, well, not yet..)

Sometimes, I just pitied those Ethicists who squashed their brains out trying to put a bit of sense if there's any in an unduly act, recreating new phrases in Ethical thesaurus like Natural Forces, avoiding to seeing anything using the religious windows so that not sounded bound to what's written by God's laws instead allowing people to use logics and etiquettes. I wonder whether all these while they've already noticed the presence righteousness of God's laws but they ignored, or they're just plain ignorant.

Dear Mr Lecturer, please don't failed my Ethics paper if you ever read this..

Sigh..