Tuesday, September 16, 2003

..the wedding...

I’ve already expected this since I first launched this blog = a delay in updating the pages n the I-have-some-other-important-stuff-to-do syndrome. Lately I’ve been so busy with Angah’s wedding (my topic for this time, I guess) n I was also busy finding a house in Dublin (gr8 news, we managed to find one in Harrington street, a 2 double bedrooms apartment, not that big BUT really close to my college!!that’s the best part plus the rent is lower than last time’s and gas and ntl bills (cable for tv..ala2 astro gitu) are included in the rent!!)

So back to the real topic..

I guess if I were to put the whole story of my bros wedding, I would be typing this page out till tomorrow morning (sigh!) but wut I experienced for the last one week, not all of them can be put into words----they were just too beautiful to be described here…I guess this is my first time handling a real wedding though Angah is my second sibs, Along had hers in such a simple ceremony before flying to UK so I guess this wedding is like a payback time for our family…huhu..

The preparation..

They were 9 trays sent as gifts to the bride…I was with Angah n K.Rina when they were buying the stuff n I was also the one who decorated them as Ola was having her exam at that time..but I just made them simple n most things like shoes n silk clothes are put in simply decorated boxes. But looking on the gifts really made me think of marrying somebody rite now..they were damn gr8!!

The evening when the ‘Akad’ was held...6th September 03

We reached Tangkak, Johor few minutes after Asar n the ceremony went smoothly..the Kadi made Angah repeated his akad once..huhu..i was the camerawoman of the evening as Abg. Noi or Pak Lang ( the evry-occasion cameramen) weren’t there. I was stunned by the perfection of the ceremony, the Johorians really have their own style of this akad nikah things..they made the bride state her promises to be loyal to her groom n the same goes the other way round, they made them to ask for forgiveness n restu from their parents (this was the part when most ppl crying n sobbing real loud..huhu) n they asked Angah to perform sujud syukur after the akad was safe. It took quite some times for all that…n that night the ‘upacara berinai’ was held but we didn’t stay for it (except for Angah n his friend) as tomorrow we have to get back there…tired tired tired….

The day after that…Upacara Bersanding..7th September 03

We started to move from Bangi at 9+ a.m with my relatives mostly from Abah’s side being there..the convoy stopped for a while at Mak’s hometown, Kg. Belimbing Dalam to pick up some relatives..we reached Tangkak in the afternoon..the bersanding went on with the other 2 couples—K.Rina’s eldest sister’s n her brother’s (they all had been married with their couples mo or less like 1 months before)..wut an experience!

The GRAND FINALE..the ceremony on groom’s side..14th September 03

This was the moment that I waited for so long..huhuhu..it was held in a big dining hall in PERMATA (hey I live there!) n that was the purpose we didn’t have that busy schedule as all things are handled by the caterer..most relatives from Mak’s side had an overnight at our hse n they also help to prepare the things that weren’t settled yet..when the time came, I guess it was the most beautiful moments in my life (for the time being la hehe)..everything was purely purrfect to me (as if I was the bride le plak, but it’s the truth man!), the pelamin, the guests, the emcee (Along made a gr8 job as one!), the timing of the ceremony....everything……(no words to described them)…we were all (my family n most of my relatives) dressed up in blue-the theme colour n even the roses at the pelamin were blue roses…pelamin was decorated by Mak’s relative (mak found out bout him when attending other relative’s wedding…it was damn beautiful..i heard praises..praises..praises..)..the beriyani was damn delicious too!

My friends who attended the wedding..

Pah, Mira, Asilah n her sister, Chubby stayed overnight n helped me with the packaging of the sweets..thanks..they helped me providing the eggs to the guests too..thanks guys…luv ya all…

Azie..my fav. friend who came all d way from UTM, Skudai (she took a midnite bus...aku terharu sgt pasal ni) n arrived at my hse in the morning of the wedding day…n she was the one who was continuously giving away eggs n sweets to the guests n stay at the eggs counter till she fell asleep bcoz of the boredom..(weih aku tak dera ko tau..hehe..malu sgt nak bersosial mana taknye..)..this was her second time coming to my hse like that..last time she came before I flied to Dublin..this time I guess her intention was the same as last ones but added with the wedding..thanks a lot fren..i owe u a lot..

So the wedding was over..my excitements have been replaced by the feelings of sadness n glooms..i’m going back to Dublin on this 21st sept…think I’m not so ready for that..

Special dedication…to WAN KHAIRUDDIN WAN MONTIL, my beloved brother and ZAMZARINA KHALID, my new family member, may u have real happy lives together n I hope u’ll all cherish this bond till the end of the world…I love u all so much..

I’ll post up the pictures when I’m capable in doing so..huhu..too lazy to learn!