Wednesday, August 01, 2007

of smelling like Euro

My very matured 8 years old nephew once told my mum,

"Nanti Akib dah keje gaji Akib sebulan 900. Pastu Akib kasi Mak 600 OK!"

300 kau nak makan apa la kat KL tu..


I remember my first ever pay in life was the allowance I received for playing archery for KL in 2000. Though not much I still consider it a good sum for a secondary school kid like I was, being paid to skip classes for a month for training and the rest having a jolly good time in Penang after the tournament. I remember spending some of them buying a new pair of pants, saved some and gave some to my parents. The blissful youth..ahh..

Today I received my first real payslip. Hard earned, I must say. Now I know why my parents are so careful in spending unnecessarily and managed to save enough for the 5 of us. I have to learn from the wise of the old people I do.

So my first ever paycheck was spent treating a friend the most delicious Indian food in town. I wish my parents were here so I can bring them to a posh eatery now that I partially can afford this. Partially I said, not for long, I have loans to pay if you don't know (loads of them). Nevertheless, I'm grateful for what I have. Thank you dear God!

Mom said, the first pay I must clear my loans first. Don't worry about them, if I were to pay them back for whatever I spent from them - sampai mati pun tak habis. Painfully true. Nuff said.

Oh well, ngeheee *sengih macam kerang busuk tanda gembira..