Saturday, August 18, 2007

it's weekend y'all

2 days ago Mr Smith was found in pain and confused on the bed, cursing and all. I examined him and found a huge inguinal hernia with his abdomen distended and tense. OK, full blown sub-acute small bowel obstruction?! Then the same morning my other patient passed away peacefully in front of my eyes. Apparently my quiet week is not so quiet anymore.

The on-call last night would've been better if not for the computer system crashdown. Why on earth would you create a system without any backups?? And I thought this is a "developed" country when I applied here.

So all bloods had to be ordered manually by filling in forms and all. Results were told on the phone. The works estimated to be finished in 10 minutes now take an hour to do. Oh Tuhan berikan kesabaran...

The morning after at breakfast the SHO from my previous team said "I want to tell you something" and took the post-call ward round notes from my hand. I got this when he handed the paper back to me.



Ha ha enough to bright me up all day. It is SO Friday and I am SO done with work this week.

*sense of relief*

Oh yes, all the very best to freshly employed Aneesa, Ika and the rest of the crew. You'll be a bunch of tough weeds surviving working at home *salute*