Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I come in peace

You see, I literally live beside the hospital. Literally coz though the apartment is really just beside the hospital compound, I have to walk out to the main road and walk in the hospital again, coz there's a gate just parallel to the way. People used to climbed over the gate for a short cut but now the path is already closed off with trees and all. Who knows what's in there now.

So everyday I have to walk out and in again. The whole walk takes about 10-15 mins on days when I wake up late and had my sloppiest un-ironed tudung and shirt, but usually 20-25 mins on days of shining natural radiant beauty and youth (muaha).

The thing is, almost half of the population of the Woods (the compound where I live) are health care workers of the hospital. The funny thing is three quarter of them are non-Irish. Today I crossed the big field to go home and noticed there were more Rajus and Sanjits than Davids or Marks playing football on the field (probably few Raveenas and Preetis on the field side holding water bottles for their beaus). The he.

And I bet a group of them are the nurses I must've ignored, didn't answered bleeps of, gave my cold replies and probably bitched to (probably I said). Don't blame me, if you wanna know I'm one of the nicest junior doctors with fair replies. Ask my colleagues how many bleeps they've ignored. And it's not like we're drinking coffee all day in the cafe ok.

Now I'm calculating, what are the chances that they don't make a pack and burn my apartment down for what I've done to them?

Man.