Monday, July 16, 2007

what's the craic?

First of all, I was just messing down there. The SHO is a sweet-talker big time. And the picture of my uncle the bilal of Kg Alor Gajah in Melaka giving me advices before I left M'sia for the first time 5 years ago, about never forgetting our roots and culture/ethnic keeps playing in my mind like a continuous film on a replay each time I was going near this whole Grey's Anatomy mode. Thank you bapak, I'll never forget your wise advices! Damn it I know that show is contagious!!

Well the weekend was well spent. In both ways; time and money. I had a good craic with friends, sharing stories about work and bitching about people. He he kidding. There's new Dunnes Stores (equivalent to Jusco in M'sia, smaller maybe) being opened in Henry St and they sold everything at half-price. When I say everything I mean EVERYTHING. So kalau mende tu 30sen jadilah dia 15sen kan!

People went mad, so did I. You could hardly find anything on the shelves, semua sapu bersih! I took the chance to buy stuff for home; new sets of mugs, tall glasses, baking tins, BBQ grills, vases, paper flowers. One time I realized that I was talking with an old lady about how things cannot go wrong when you buy a set of 18 tall glasses for EUR4! And a set of fancy mugs for EUR2!! And then I realized that I was indeed been really talking like a real adult, to people mostly more than double of my age! Oh geez..see how the work is accelerating my aging process. They said you should mingle with younger lads to stay young forever. I probably have to agree that..

So it's Monday again, and I'm back to work. The sun's out and the day has been smooth. Probably the barakah of 1st of Rejab, some things I thought would go wrong went right in the end. 2 weeks really flew, and it's gonna be a month in no time. Thank you Allah, for the correct hunches to poke in needles into the right veins, for the successful IV cannulas, for the quick ABG samples, for the smooth CXR and CT Scan requests, for the free tuna and egg sandwiches for lunch, for the sun and the air I breathe..