Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday musings

I break the record of not blogging everyday like I did last week. I'm sure nobody missed me that much anyway. He he.

Nothing really new happened. 2 patients died under my care, one elderly man with heart failure passed away peacefully while I was asleep in doctor's res last week. He was NFR (not for resuscitate) status anyway. Another lady died last night. A known patient to me, background psych patient, NFR too, she was under my care for a week when her oxygen saturations went haywire and she stopped taking all her medications. She desaturated to 60% the night I was on-call, it took me the whole night to look after her, ordered CXR, ECG, tried to calm her down despite nearly giving myself a needle-stick injury when she struggled after I jabbed her wrist for ABG blood. I will remember her last moment in health when she was knitting a very nice green coloured table-cloth in her isolation room.

A friend was consoling me about her death, saying there was nothing I could do when her time comes. I begged to differ, there's always something that I could amend in managing her from the beginning. I could've been more thorough and thoughtful. Though it won't change anything, I learned my lessons through this one. A blessing in disguise you say..

Well it's Sunday again. I am in rebound of my past happy hours activity. Cooking, it has always been. Though this time there are less mouths to be fed, I am one happy feeder nonetheless. Yep I miss home, but I have to move on.

Issue 1: Please next week come running!
Issue 2: Am I allowed to be turned on watching Transformers? zzzZZ hot!