Tuesday, July 17, 2007

i just need to talk to you

Judging by the progress of work, I probably won't have to stayback till late to finish my work anymore. Hurray! Tima kasih la semua yg memberi semangat utk terus bejuang..hehe. That means the blog will be updated quite frequently now and it also means that I'll continue to bore you with my random thoughts I have post-hospital hours, just whatever I feel like writing once the bottom meets the comfy bed. Feel free to click the X button on the top right if you're bored and if you feel like I don't make sense of words anymore.

There's a new locum consultant in the team. The good thing is I know him really well. I was in the last batch of students he taught in the other hospital when I was in my 3rd year, before he left for M'sia to teach in Penang. Now he's back. Yay! The first thing I said to him when I met him was,

"Dr __ , you used to teach me in 3rd med. I still remember your 9 steps of auscultation of the heart you taught me!"

Thinking back, I would love it if my students say that to me, not in a boasting way of course but in an appreciative kind of way. That's why I think I'm gonna end up teaching in one of the hospitals at home. Can't wait!

We had a meeting with Big Boss regarding research as well. We're working on a really cool research (from my point of view), on analyzing pre- and post-call hand-eye dexterities and co-ordinations amongst the doctors and the surgeons. The results would be very interesting, one of it says an idea whether one is more suitable to be a surgeon or a physician. Cool aa?

You have a great day oowwriiiteee!