Tuesday, July 03, 2007

my bad IV lines day

I had a hunch that Day 2 won't be as smooth as the previous day. I was right. Today is my official bad IV lines day.

Day 2 marks;
  1. 2 patients cried after 2 attempts of putting 2 IV lines failed miserably
  2. the lukewarm air between me and the Intern is in fact getting warmer, in a bad way that is
  3. I need more speed, desperately, too slow today, bad bad!
  4. the orientation is still bad, got lost trying to find the way out after sending blood cultures to microbiology. Women, heh..

Probably few good things;
  1. better rapport with staff each day
  2. getting better at doing new admissions and ordering tests
  3. growing confidence

I started having the headache even before noon, gradually worsen throughout the day and was at worst around 3-4pm. Then it magically disappeared once I went home and had a nice peaceful shower and dinner. I diagnosed myself of having hypersensitivity reactions towards the Intern, to add up on my hypersensitivity lists. He's my official contender. I'm in no competition, doesn't mean that I'd let his little holier than thou game going on. 3 words for him, bring it on!!

Another pat on the back, I survived Day 2! Alhamdulillah..