Thursday, July 19, 2007

I miss you today

What do you usually do when you miss someone?


Myself, it's always logical to do what the person I'm missing love to do. That way I feel as if he/she's closed to me, though in reality he/she isn't.

Like when I'm missing mom, I always go and eat something orangy, like Jaffa cakes or Terry's Chocolate Orange. You know the way old people think that chocolate can only be mixed with orange as the other flavour. That's my mom. She always go for chocolate with orange, like Zip Orange, or Crispies Orange, or Kit Kat Orange. Never strawberries or raspberries, what more mints or anything like that. Which I think is cute. And I always feel closed to her whenever I enjoy my Jaffa cakes or Terry's from here.

As for dad, I feel him when I'm most simple. My dad is the simplest person on earth. He grew up in a difficult time, being the eldest in his family. A lot of sacrifices, even to raise us being what we are now. So when it comes to food he's not fussy. So I miss him most when I eat soup or anything very simple.

Do you ever smile on your own when a song is on the radio and your thought went away to meet the people who love the song? I do that a lot. Like when I miss my friends, the closest ones from matriculations, I listen to SO7's. Always helps. And few people that I know what their favourite songs are. I even have an album in my iTunes entitled 'Adik's Favourites'. And those will be full of R&B, Soul, Pop, the types youth nowadays love to listen to (and my bro always had out loud on the radio in his room). And another album with Alleycats', The Carpenters', ABBA's, for the big sis.

Today I'm missing Maryam my old friend from the middle-east. I went to the bakery near the hospital entrance and bought viennese whirl. That used to be her favourite. I never actually seen her having anything else from there other than the viennese.


My favourite would be the coffee square, but I bought this one instead and ate it on the way home. It felt like Maryam, it really was.

And what would you do when you miss your Creator?

So it's logical too that performing solahs and reciting the Quran are the best things to do for that. And hopefully that won't be wearied till I blow my last breath. Amin.